Hotels - San Francisco Port

Sandpiper13

I like the Hyatt at the Embarcadero.  You can even get there from SFO or OAK via our public transportation, BART.  It is less than a mile to the pier in San Francisco and all flat with a wide sidewalk along the waterfront.  

• Like 2

The other option is to stay at a hotel near SFO and then take Uber to the pier in the morning. The hotels at the airport are generally cheaper than the hotels in the city like the Hyatt.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sandpiper13 said:

We're planning on flying in the day prior to our October ' 22 cruise and would appreciate any suggestions for hotels in the San Francisco cruise port area.

Hotels in/near downtown or the port are just ridiculously expensive. We flew in the day before the cruise and stayed near the airport at a clean comfortable La Quinta for right at $100.  Took their free shuttle service from airport to the hotel, spent the night, then took their free shuttle back to the airport.

Bought the Princess Shuttle where you give them your luggage at the airport and it goes straight to your cabin with absolutely no fuss. Just make sure Princess knows you are flying in the day before, but taking their transfer on the day of the cruise.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KLM3164 said:

A 3rd vote for the Hyatt Regency Embarcadero. It’s the only place I would stay that is close to the ship.

The Hyatt Regency is a miserable hotel and the last one I would stay at in the Embarcadero. The Harbor Court and Hotel Griffon are nicer and cheaper usually. If I wanted a luxury hotel in the Embarcadero it would be Le Meridien or 1 Hotel San Francisco.

For the OP, look at the Columbus Motor Inn, maybe the Club Quarters Hotel and Marriott Fisherman's Wharf.

• Like 1