Train from Rome to Civitaveccha

lilk8

We will be staying in Rome a few days prior to our cruise. What is the fastest, easiest, cheapest way to get from the hotel to the cruise ship terminal to Civitaveccna?

26 minutes ago, lilk8 said:

We will be staying in Rome a few days prior to our cruise. What is the fastest, easiest, cheapest way to get from the hotel to the cruise ship terminal to Civitaveccna?

Three different criteria, two different answers.  

The fastest, assuming no unusual traffic jams, would be a car service door-to-door, about 75 minutes.  A fast train is about 50 minutes, but then you have to add time to get to the train station in Rome and from the train station in Civitavecchia.

The car service is also the easiest.

The cheapest is the local train (4,60 euro) or the local bus (3,90 euro).

21 minutes ago, euro cruiser said:

Three different criteria, two different answers.  

The fastest, assuming no unusual traffic jams, would be a car service door-to-door, about 75 minutes.  A fast train is about 50 minutes, but then you have to add time to get to the train station in Rome and from the train station in Civitavecchia.

The car service is also the easiest.

The cheapest is the local train (4,60 euro) or the local bus (3,90 euro).

Or, one could go by the title of the thread and conclude that the OP has already decided to take the train and now it's just a matter of deciding which station in Rome and which train/class.  Really, there is no solution that will provide fast and easy and cheap.

• Like 1

NOTE: you must still have a KN95 mask to wear on all public transportation in Italy.  Today, as soon as my train crossed into Italy from France, the announcement was made.  They were rather assertive with people not masked.  

5 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

NOTE: you must still have a KN95 mask to wear on all public transportation in Italy.  Today, as soon as my train crossed into Italy from France, the announcement was made.  They were rather assertive with people not masked.  

OK... this has little to do with the topic in the thread but I guess it's mildly interesting.

FYI, we recently took Bernina Express from St. Moritz to Tirano, Italy and nobody mentioned a word about masks on the train or in the station in Italy.

25 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

OK... this has little to do with the topic in the thread but I guess it's mildly interesting.

FYI, we recently took Bernina Express from St. Moritz to Tirano, Italy and nobody mentioned a word about masks on the train or in the station in Italy.

Well, it has to do with being prepared to take the train between Rome and Civi.

it is mentioned multiple times on the Trenitalia site.  I heard it on the PA systems in the Milano and Bologna stations. 

7 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

Well, it has to do with being prepared to take the train between Rome and Civi.

it is mentioned multiple times on the Trenitalia site.  I heard it on the PA systems in the Milano and Bologna stations. 

I suppose there is a link between wearing a mask on public transit and the fastest, easiest, cheapest way to get from Rome to Civi.

18 hours ago, d9704011 said:

I suppose there is a link between wearing a mask on public transit and the fastest, easiest, cheapest way to get from Rome to Civi.

The train won’t be any of those if denied boarding because you didn’t have a KN95 mask😛

1 hour ago, slidergirl said:

The train won’t be any of those if denied boarding because you didn’t have a KN95 mask😛

If the journey from Rome to Civi hinges on the availability of a KN95/FFP95 mask chances are good  the OP will never get to the ship.