Pacific Explorer arriving into Sydney - 18th July 2022

Well, another nice ship stalking webcam. This one is a live stream via Youtube.

Ā 

A great vantage point to watch Pacific Explorer "rush in at full speed under the cover of darkness", so they can be tied-up in time for everyone aboard to enjoy the Today Show.Ā šŸ˜‰Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Worth adding Sydney Harbour Today to your cam linksĀ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWJOkJUp0vgm2KOCd2DnP1Q/videos

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I see she is now back to being yellow.Ā  Wonder if we will ever find out how many positives were onboard and how many were crew.Ā  What a difference a change of passengers makes!!

Ā 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ondine said:

I see she is now back to being yellow.Ā  Wonder if we will ever find out how many positives were onboard and how many were crew.Ā  What a difference a change of passengers makes!!

Ā 

Well, it does for Explorer. If all the infections on Explorer were passengers, they start at zero for every cruise. After the media scrum that followed the announcement of Coral's numbers, I don't think NSW Health will release those specific numbers for the last cruise nor others going forward. The media will just speculate 100 cases for an amber arrival.

Ā 

Bit tougher for Coral with crew infections so large, but they may also be back to yellow again by now.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

Well, it does for Explorer. If all the infections on Explorer were passengers, they start at zero for every cruise. After the media scrum that followed the announcement of Coral's numbers, I don't think NSW Health will release those specific numbers for the last cruise nor others going forward. The media will just speculate 100 cases for an amber arrival.

Ā 

Bit tougher for Coral with crew infections so large, but they may also be back to yellow again by now.

Sir Geoffrey enlighten me if you would...what are the numbers or percentages required for red alert on the ships?

Edited by NSWP

19 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Sir Geoffrey enlighten me if you would...what are the numbers or percentages required for red alert on the ships?

ā‰„ 10% of passengers/crew and/or,

Major impact to staffing and/or resource shortages and/or,

Unable to maintain critical services and/or imminent cessation of critical services

Ā 

Generally 10%, but a ship could go to code red simply by having a number of key medical staff in isolation with covid.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Wouldn't that give you the, umm, willies.

By taking care on board, we avoided getting noro every time there was code red. However, our whole family did contract it on a holiday on Great Keppel Island many years ago. That wasn't fun. šŸ˜¢ Maybe the advertising slogan they had at the time, 'Get Wrecked on Great Keppel Island' proved to be true.

Ā 

It is a bit more difficult to avoid COVID.

Edited by Aus Traveller