Surf & Stream Question — Consolidating multiple purchases for a single person — Key access plus purchase

If I have the key that comes with internet access for one device and then I buy a “regular” one device internet access, how will that work?  Will Royal consolidate the two different purchases into a single account onboard or will I have different access codes for each purchase?

12 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Do you know you can logoff one device then login the other device without having to buy a separate plan?

If you have 2 devices under name I would think login would be the same for both.    Might have to visit voom desk once onboard.

I need to have 2 devices logged on simultaneously at times and hubby likes to have his log on active all the time.  Since the key was the same price as a single device internet, that was a pretty easy decision for me.  We have a tender port and will feel better with the priority departure.  I usually get the 3 device package for hubby and me.  I’m not usually a fan of getting the Key, so this’ll be the first time.

• Like 1

System doesn't normally allow me to set up more than one account/password for one person (last name/birthdate/cabin).  So once I log in to the full cruise account I can't get to the free Diamond days.  You might get the two separate purchases to show up but also might need to go down to the help desk.  No big deal.

You will have two one-device accounts, each with a separate access code. 

Can you buy the Key for one person only? Wouldn't you both have the Key, each with Voom?

Edit: I get it, you each will have Voom via the Key, plus you need one additional concurrent Voom device in a separate one-device plan. 

Edited by SG65CB

If priority tendering works like it does for suite guests, it is for the first tender of the day.  After that, you stand in line with everyone else.  If that's your only reason for getting The Key, you might want to save money and just get the 3-device Voom instead.

Appreciate the input.  I think I’l just “borrow” hubby’s access when I need to have simultaneous access.   Tom is pretty easy going.  In any case, we’re on Explorer which has the worst internet access of any ship I’ve ever been on.  I’ll be lucky if I get any access at all!  Was just wondering if anyone had ever done this before.  Was hoping I would just get the equivalent of a 2 device access with a single log on.

2 minutes ago, dianajo67 said:

Was hoping I would just get the equivalent of a 2 device access with a single log on.

You might if the Voom person can figure it out but it won't help the performance issue.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dianajo67 said:

Appreciate the input.  I think I’l just “borrow” hubby’s access when I need to have simultaneous access.   Tom is pretty easy going.  In any case, we’re on Explorer which has the worst internet access of any ship I’ve ever been on.  I’ll be lucky if I get any access at all!  Was just wondering if anyone had ever done this before.  Was hoping I would just get the equivalent of a 2 device access with a single log on.

If you need 2 devices because you need to sync to a VPN for work, make sure you get the surf & stream.    

• Like 1