Just back - Magic to Bermuda

jpurdy

2 hours ago, jeepchick444 said:

Hi thanks for your update!  Back before covid they took your luggage up in the parking lot deck..

Is that still the case? 🤞😎

We were on Magic 6/28-7/6.  Drove to the port from Long Island.  Yes, they took the luggage in the parking lot and transported it onto ship.   Everything is ADA accessible, so no separate entrance, but there was a separate seating area for special needs/wheelchairs/scooters.  Used verifly to check in at 10 am.  Were through checkin and security within 5 minutes.    No crowds at all then.  It definitely got busier by the time we got on the ship at 11:15.  Ship was jammed.  Magic was in good shape.  They were training new crew on our sailing - as a result they increased staff AND hours during the cruise at Pizza Pirate (3 working there) and Bonsai Sushi.  Big lines always at Wok, on and off at Guys Burgers and Deli.  There was a bit of chop to the sea going  south, but not too bad.  No sea sickness I saw on board at any time.  Bonine works great if worried - doesn't make you sleepy!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Weeziblu said:

We're booked for this itinerary at the end of September and I can't decide if I should arrive at the port as early as possible or much later.  We typically like to arrive early and just wait in the terminal but there are benefits to arriving a little later and walking on board. 

What time did you arrive to the port?

Our ck in time was 10:30, we were about 10:40 after parking. 

7 hours ago, tap_out said:

We are going on this same cruise August 15th. How were the crowds on the ship? overall ship condition? Its a cruise and were going to make the best of it but Magic has been getting beat up pretty bad lately. 

Gotta admit, the first day crowds seemed excessive. It evened out the next day. We always found a place to eat outside, anytime dining was never full. Overall condition was fine, except the cabin issues I mentioned. My biggest complaint is that people are slobs, don’t care about who cleans up after them. Hallways littered with used dishes and food. I realize this is what is done, but if it gets knocked over, it stays there. 

Edited by jpurdy
Clarification.

4 minutes ago, jpurdy said:

Gotta admit, the first day crowds seemed excessive. It evened out the next day. We always found a place to eat outside, anytime dining was never full. Overall condition was fine, except the cabin issues I mentioned. My biggest complaint is that people are slobs, don’t care about who cleans up after them. Hallways littered with used dishes and food. 

You are expected to leave your dishes in the hallway outside your room.

1 hour ago, Ladyintheheights said:

@jpurdy I keep hearing about choppy waters and a lot of sea sickness.  Can you give your thoughts on this.  I am taking this trip in September and now so afraid of getting sea sick.  Too short of a trip to be sick.

Only slight movement one day. Seas never over 3 ft. We had a rainy day, and wasn’t rocky either. Very enjoyable ride.

• Like 1

On 7/18/2022 at 1:44 PM, jpurdy said:

Bermuda - No one ever asked to see our $40 authorization Forms. Really. Certainly a money grab for Bermuda. Walked to Snorkel Park. Convenient and it provided us a beach, calm waters and walkable to/from ship. We enjoyed snorkeling along the fort wall and rocks. 

How is Snorkel Park Beach? I’m going to Bermuda next month and have heard conflicting opinions. And is there a cost? Thank you!

13 hours ago, LarryCruiser said:

How is Snorkel Park Beach? I’m going to Bermuda next month and have heard conflicting opinions. And is there a cost? Thank you!

We debated this too. Very enjoyable. Brought our own equipment. Beach and bathrooms very clean. Nice assortment of fish along fort wall and rocks. Can’t comment on food/drinks. Yes entry fee of 15. More to rent chairs/umbrella etc. We rented one chair and sat in the shade next to fort. Our goal was to snorkel for a couple hours in calm water. This fit the bill. 

19 hours ago, Ladyintheheights said:

I am reading on FB that people on the ship now are having a very rocky ride. 😪

I have never gotten seasick on any of my 30+ sailings; however, I had my doctor order a Rx for patches to use if needed on my August 15 sailing. Better to be prepared... justbin case.

On 7/18/2022 at 2:01 PM, mz-s said:

No one respects the check-in times in any ports. It's just that some ports are better than others at enforcing them.

It might seem that no one respects the boarding time, but I’m sure some do. I know that I do. Others with me also respect their boarding times.

18 minutes ago, ladysail2 said:

It might seem that no one respects the boarding time, but I’m sure some do. I know that I do. Others with me also respect their boarding times.

"No one" was an over-reaction, you are right. Many people do of course.

• Like 1