Most Silver Endeavor Passengers Will be Happy But ….

Manfromcasablanca

Right - I am surprised that we didn't get deck 7.   I guess Silversea is trying to be considerate of our situation. Majority of the travelers are upgraded - really cool for them.  But Silversea has no plan to accommodate those who paid more from the start but will get nothing, or perhaps less. 

I gave up on them to be considerate with our flight arrangements, and now I giving up on them to be respectful to us in general.  We will continue with this trip -  but at this point, Silversea is not making us feel valued in anyway, and we are unlikely to cruise with them in the future.

(I did ask if we could downgrade to Vista prior to the release of our room on Endeavor, our rep told us no)

Right - I am surprised that we didn't get deck 7.   I guess Silversea is NOT trying to be considerate of our situation. Majority of the travelers are upgraded - really cool for them.  But Silversea has no plan to accommodate those who paid more from the start - at least not in our case. 

I gave up on them to be considerate with our flight arrangements, and now I giving up on them to be respectful to us in general.  We will continue with this trip -  but at this point, Silversea is not making us feel valued as customers, and we are unlikely to cruise with them in the future.

(I did ask if we could downgrade to Vista prior to the release of our room on Endeavor, our rep told us no)

I agree with you @AndieSF it would seem that you should have been moved to deck 7.  My traveling group has 2 cabins on the Endeavour.  The room from our daughter was originally a low end cabin with a window now is show as “Guaranteed”.  The cabin for my wife and I was originally a Grand Suite with 613 square feet per Silverseas website now if the cabin is not modified we are in a 535 square feet cabin.  My Silverseas rep keeps saying that no passengers will be downgraded.  We will see….  It seems to me that cabins are priced on square footage and location.  Am I wrong?

Regarding Silverseas Air… I found it to be a confusing MESS.  Originally Silverseas Air had my wife and I traveling on a nonstop from DFW to Chile and our daughter was traveling from DFW to Toronto then to Chile (all of us live in the Dallas area).  A couple of weeks went by after we brought this to their attention then we were all traveling via Toronto.  A couple of week later we had all been moved to traveling via JFK.  From the get go we were all scheduled to come back via JFK with a connection time of 1 hr and 20 minutes.  After all the frustration I told them to bag the international air portion of our trip and I would provide that.  We are now on nonstops each way to/from DFW.

@dlcrowley Have you logged in to your Silversea site lately to see where your rooms are assigned on Endeavour?  That is how we found out - not through our SS rep, not through any direct courtesy communication from SS, but by logging in to the site and scroll down to the cruise under the Details tab of "My Bookings" 

Same experience with air - after 5 months of agonizing stress of working with SS - SS kept ignoring and changing our flights and flying us all over the country before arriving Chili --- I cancelled my air portion with SS and made my own arrangements, and I realized I should've done so way sooner.  With their  "luxury, high end" branding/reputation, I was surprised and shocked on with their horrible air service...

And now I am in shocked again how they are treating us as customers in general...

@AndieSF, after reading your post from last night I logged onto my account and did find my cabin number.  

We originally booked a grand suite and when the Endeavour purchase was announced wereceived an email from Barbara Muckermann Chief Commercial Officer saying “You will now be sailing on the newest in our fleet of ultra-luxury, all-suite ships, Silver Endeavour. Accommodations and a Silver Suite has been secured for you.”  

I studied Accounting in college and spent my professional life in public accounting and as CFO’s of various organizations.  As a dumb accountant,  I know that from the get go that Silverseas knows nothing about marketing something of this nature.

The term “bait and switch” comes to mind on what Silverseas is doing.

When one books a cabin, they look at size and location to make a judgement as to whether the price is equal or less than the value that the customer perceives they will receive.  At least that is the thought process I use.  I looked at the description of the Grand Suite with a separate lounge area and said to myself “ok” value is there (remembering that there will be 3 of us hanging out there) - daughter will sleep in her own cabin.  Now the brilliant Barbara Muckermann seems to say that we will be moved to a smaller cabin with no separate lounge area.  The cabin, unless modified, that Barbara has us slated for will be 13% smaller.  The old Crystal deck plan shows a cabin next to our proposed cabin that could be modified easily to be accessed from our cabin.

Time will tell.  The CEO has previously indicated that the next announcements concerning the Endeavour would be in mid August. Well we are there.

The only good news seems to be the Chile has modified their entry rules effective September 1 - the mobility passes and the Covid affidavit are no longer required.

Well, was expecting a deck plan and info on Silver Endeavour mid-August but nothing yet and no other announcements on the Endeavour.

I assume the Silver Suite is the cabin formerly known on the Endeavour as a penthouse suite. 

It will be interesting to see how they “map” the cabins.

I got the deck plan from the SS person yesterday  (I hope I can attach it to the site.)

They are not providing any explanation of the mapping of the rooms, but when I inquired about my situation, this was what I got in response:

"Remember also Silversea made a huge investment to purchase this amazing ship known worldwide as the most luxurious expedition ship ever built. Silversea pushed to deliver this ship to guests booked on the explorer now to enhance your experience. They could have added new cruises on the Endeavour instead to make more money. Instead decided to surprise our Explorer guests with a nice gift on this amazing cruise."

That was the answer I got --- not sure how they want me to interpret that other than "you are lucky to get what you can get"?

Endeavour.png

31 minutes ago, Herman The Cat said:

Well, was expecting a deck plan and info on Silver Endeavour mid-August but nothing yet and no other announcements on the Endeavour.

I assume the Silver Suite is the cabin formerly known on the Endeavour as a penthouse suite. 

It will be interesting to see how they “map” the cabins.

They said information on Silver Endeavour will be published on www.silversea.com on August 23rd, 2022 …….

https://cdn.sanity.io/files/rd0y3pad/production/899e4b300899478e477ca4c73c2e03393d754f06.pdf?dl=

hopefully, more info about the cabins if there are any changes at all from the Crystal Endeavor

26 minutes ago, AndieSF said:

I got the deck plan from the SS person yesterday  (I hope I can attach it to the site.)

They are not providing any explanation of the mapping of the rooms, but when I inquired about my situation, this was what I got in response:

"Remember also Silversea made a huge investment to purchase this amazing ship known worldwide as the most luxurious expedition ship ever built. Silversea pushed to deliver this ship to guests booked on the explorer now to enhance your experience. They could have added new cruises on the Endeavour instead to make more money. Instead decided to surprise our Explorer guests with a nice gift on this amazing cruise."

That was the answer I got --- not sure how they want me to interpret that other than "you are lucky to get what you can get"?

Endeavour.png

Looks like that’s just the same one they use for the Crystal Endeavor

I do think that this will be a major upgrade for the folks who booked cruises on the old Explorer, and are now going to get the new Endeavor.

It was a factor in making my decision to switch from a Mediterranean cruise next year to an Antarctica cruise this winter.  

• Like 1

On 8/13/2022 at 11:51 AM, dlcrowley said:

with no separate lounge area

That would be the more painful point for us.  I expect we could adjust to a smaller cabin, but taking away the separate room drastically affects the value we assessed in the room.

My original invoice says “Grand Suite” for the amount that I paid.  The new ship ( according to the new brochure) has a Grand Suite but they are not giving me that but giving me something less with less square feet than originally promised.

Through this whole process the agents for Silverseas were being told that no one would be downsized between the Explorer and the Endeavour.  Well…. it seems that they were being feed a line of malarkey.  And guess what they feed me?

Management needs to step up a make a downward adjustment in price.  People make judgements based on facts known to them.  The cruise line can’t change all the facts and expect their customers to make the same decisions that were made with the old facts.

@Rothko1  Have you logged in to your Silversea site lately?  You may be able to find your new room on Endeavour - log in to the site and scroll down to the cruise under the Details tab of "My Bookings" 

@dlcrowleyWhen I reached out to them I got the msg below.  And told me that going from Explorer to Endeavour IS the upgrade.  According to SS, us getting moved to lower floor is not considered a downgrade - and they didn't (and still don't) care if we paid more than others and now getting the same. 

I hope they will do more for you than they did for us.  This will likely be our first and last trip with SS.

5 minutes ago, AndieSF said:

@Rothko1  Have you logged in to your Silversea site lately?  You may be able to find your new room on Endeavour - log in to the site and scroll down to the cruise under the Details tab of "My Bookings" 

Yes, I did check today.  But it still lists me as on the Explorer.  I am thinking of emailing my travel agent to ask her to look into it.

58 minutes ago, Rothko1 said:

Yes, I did check today.  But it still lists me as on the Explorer.  I am thinking of emailing my travel agent to ask her to look into it.

If you are booked on a later Antarctica cruise on the Endeavour, say early 2023, they will not assign you a room this soon, and for those who are booked for the lowest priced rooms, they will probably not assign until it is near to the date of the cruise.

Edited by gojirra

I'm on a February 2023 cruise.  But I already had my suite room assigned when it was the Explorer.

Well, I emailed my TA to ask her to find out, so we will see if I get any information.

In any event, I am excited to be going aboard the Endeavor!

I was just informed by my Silversea representative that the Cruise Line would not be making a downward adjustment in the price I paid for my upcoming cruise.  I got the same message regarding the increased level in the amenities that @AndieSFdid.

I asked for that decision to be put in writing and will wait to see what it says.

The message from the cruise lines was almost that I should consider myself fortunate to have a Silver Suite for what I had originally paid for a Grand Suite. I in jest suggest these people could almost be politicians as many times that they change their stories.

I must keep reminding myself that this is an ultra luxury cruise line because they certainly don’t act like it.

Can everyone tell me how easy is it to get in touch with your SS representative?  It has been extremely difficult for me to get in touch with my SS representative.  They ignore my emails and phone calls for simple questions and I am lucky if they get back to me within the same week.

@dlcrowley I am so sorry you got the same response as I did!  I agree - for the past 8 months I have not experienced the "ultra luxury cruise" service either. 

Looking at the recent Silversea overall reviews on the site, it appears even basic customer service is in question with this cruise line.   There are way more negative reviews than positive ones --- and all center around "bad service".  

This is one of the most important and expensive trip for us, and yet, I have lack of confidence with SS. 

8 hours ago, AndieSF said:

They ignore my emails and phone calls for simple questions and I am lucky if they get back to me within the same week.

What you’ve experienced is pretty normal for most.  At least since we started sailing SS in ‘08.

As you’ll learn, it’s the rare individual here in this forum that sails SS because of their shoreside service.

On 8/25/2022 at 3:18 PM, dlcrowley said:

I was just informed by my Silversea representative that the Cruise Line would not be making a downward adjustment in the price I paid for my upcoming cruise.  I got the same message regarding the increased level in the amenities that @AndieSFdid.

I asked for that decision to be put in writing and will wait to see what it says.

The message from the cruise lines was almost that I should consider myself fortunate to have a Silver Suite for what I had originally paid for a Grand Suite. I in jest suggest these people could almost be politicians as many times that they change their stories.

I must keep reminding myself that this is an ultra luxury cruise line because they certainly don’t act like it.

I agree that you are being stiffed, why not cancel and get your money refunded. Even if you are in a cancellation period this change has to be considered as a major material change.

• 2 weeks later...

My latest Voyage Confirmation now lists me as having a Guaranty for a Classic Veranda Suite, which is the lowest level of suites on the Endeavor.  When I signed up, I reserved an Explorer Suite on the Explorer, which was the second from the bottom.

So in other words, I've been demoted from 2nd from the bottom on the old to the bottom on the new ship.  I should have just paid for the lowest level on the Explorer since I wound up on the lowest level on the Endeavor.

My TA is looking into it.

17 hours ago, Rothko1 said:

My latest Voyage Confirmation now lists me as having a Guaranty for a Classic Veranda Suite, which is the lowest level of suites on the Endeavor.  When I signed up, I reserved an Explorer Suite on the Explorer, which was the second from the bottom.

So in other words, I've been demoted from 2nd from the bottom on the old to the bottom on the new ship.  I should have just paid for the lowest level on the Explorer since I wound up on the lowest level on the Endeavor.

My TA is looking into it.

You booked a 16-18 sq metre suite with a window and now have the minimum of a 33 sq metre suite with a veranda, plus all the other advantages of the newer ship. That's a demotion? Am I missing something?

• Like 3