So when you sail from Venice...where exactly do you currently sail from ?

robertmartha

Doing a quick search of current threads and it now appears that the current Seabourn sailings out of Venice sail from...?

Understand its due to the ban on larger ships - just trying to understand what we need to do to get to the Encore in October 😉

I don't know if all Seabourn cruises are doing the same thing, so the best thing to do is check with Seabourn directly, rather than relying on what past passengers have experienced. Some cruises have left from Marghera, the nearby industrial shipyard across the causeway from Venice; some have left from Ravenna, two hours south of Venice. 

I just looked on a cruise ship port schedule website, and the Encore is listed for Marghera on October 9. For such cruises, you go to the Marittima Cruise Terminal in Venice for check-in and to drop your luggage; they then bus you (about 25 minutes) to the ship. (I'd still suggest confirming this with Seabourn.) 

If your cruise departs/returns at Ravenna, be sure to consider flying in/out of Bologna.  Far far closer to the ship than Venice airport.  In addition, flights are often less expensive when you chose BLQ over VCE.  Plus, Seabourn does transfers to/from BLQ.

• Thanks 1

Thank you both.

I did keep seeing mentions of both Marghera AND Ravenna from recent posters and being the planner that I am, today I was reserving my parking at the US airport we fly in and out of and was going to reserve car services for airport to port (Venice and then Athens where we disembark) when I saw Ravenna and thought...oh no !

Appreciate the quick replies !

Bob