1st time Celebrity. How do speciality restaurants work?

Married90

First time on Celebrity coming up.   Have cruised NCL several times and with the speciality restaurants there it is typically one app, soup or salad, main course and dessert.  It is clearly spelled out,   Looking at Murano I see a 5 course meal at $89 and fix price at $50 but the apps , soup, salad are all under 1 category.   At Tuscan grill on the menu there are several categories….  How do the speciality restaurants and courses work on X?

So with Celebrity, you can pretty much order what you want. Also it sounds like you are looking at a Solstice Class ship so my answers are geared that way.

If we go in and ask for a salad, a soup, an appetizer and a entree plus a half size of pasta (thinking of Tuscan here) plus a side or two, no one would blink an eye at the order. If it were me placing the order, I may need to be rolled out of the restaurant, but Celebrity would be fine with it. 

The $89 option in Murano includes the wine paring for the menu. The “regular” menu you can choose as you go and pair wine or drink whatever you may choose. 

The most “restricted” menu we’ve encountered is Le Petit Chef - they have two menu options and one follows the storyline of the video, other does not. It comes with four courses - you choose an option from one of the two presented menus. 

1 hour ago, Chrissit said:

So with Celebrity, you can pretty much order what you want. Also it sounds like you are looking at a Solstice Class ship so my answers are geared that way.

If we go in and ask for a salad, a soup, an appetizer and a entree plus a half size of pasta (thinking of Tuscan here) plus a side or two, no one would blink an eye at the order. If it were me placing the order, I may need to be rolled out of the restaurant, but Celebrity would be fine with it. 

The $89 option in Murano includes the wine paring for the menu. The “regular” menu you can choose as you go and pair wine or drink whatever you may choose. 

The most “restricted” menu we’ve encountered is Le Petit Chef - they have two menu options and one follows the storyline of the video, other does not. It comes with four courses - you choose an option from one of the two presented menus. 

Thank you.   Yes, next month on the Eclipse.   Your answer was very thorough.  I didn’t realize the $89 option included the wine parings.   That makes a lot more sense now…

• Thanks 1

Also our first time on Celebrity later this year - does this also apply to the suites with included specialty restaurants?   I understand there would be no charge but is the menu or amounts limited in that case?

54 minutes ago, banjineer said:

Also our first time on Celebrity later this year - does this also apply to the suites with included specialty restaurants?   I understand there would be no charge but is the menu or amounts limited in that case?

The higher suites have some nice perks including free specialty restaurants, sky and celebrity suites do not count. 

12 hours ago, Chrissit said:

Curious as to how this works (menus in Murano) with a pre paid dining package ?   If I have a dining package and choose to eat in Murano - what can I have within the package ?   Note I also have a premium drinks package  

3 hours ago, Cheshire Blue said:

Curious as to how this works (menus in Murano) with a pre paid dining package ?   If I have a dining package and choose to eat in Murano - what can I have within the package ?   Note I also have a premium drinks package  

Order whatever you want though extra entrees will have a fee.  Buying the package just means you have a dinner there without any other restrictions.

8 hours ago, Cheshire Blue said:

Prepaid will work in Murano, simply book the time to dine there when you are onboard. You can easily order from their wine menu and if you choose pair glasses of wine that you like as you dine.

If you are interested in the paired option, you would need to ask on board as I’ve not gone that route. 

On 7/20/2022 at 9:27 AM, Cheshire Blue said:

23 hours ago, SbbquilterUT said:

Order whatever you want though extra entrees will have a fee.  Buying the package just means you have a dinner there without any other restrictions.

This is a clarification for the benefit of "Cheshire Blue" ...

Notice that "SbbquilterUT" told you that "extra entrees will have a fee."

We know that, in most of the world, an "entree" is actually an appetizer/starter (as one would expect from the derivation of the word ["enter"]).  In some countries (e.g., the U.S.) and on some cruise lines (e.g., Celebrity), an "entree" is what is called a "main course" or "main dish" in most of the world. 

Therefore, SbbquilterUT is warning you that if you order  (for example) two steaks -- or lobster and filet mignon -- it is likely that you will be charged extra.  We have heard of amounts in the neighborhood of $10 to $20 extra.

It is true, however, that you may order two (or more) of the other items without penalty (appetizers, soups, desserts, etc.).  At Tuscan Grille, we recommend eating no bread, but ordering a dessert AND at least one scoop of "fig gelato" -- if you are still hungry.  [Bread, because it has a lot of air in it and/or soaks up water and wine, can take one's appetite away in a hurry.  The cruise line is counting on that, so that it does not have to serve you dessert and gelato!  It can thereby pocket more profit.]

Edited by jg51

On 7/19/2022 at 7:56 PM, Married90 said:

First time on Celebrity coming up.   Have cruised NCL several times and with the speciality restaurants there it is typically one app, soup or salad, main course and dessert.  It is clearly spelled out,   Looking at Murano I see a 5 course meal at $89 and fix price at $50 but the apps , soup, salad are all under 1 category.   At Tuscan grill on the menu there are several categories….  How do the speciality restaurants and courses work on X?

You'll also discover on Celebrity that there's no check to sign at the end of a specialty meal.... and no pressure for an extra tip as a server hovers near your table. It's a lot more chill.