Is 7 day dining package a good choice?

Hello! We are sailing on RCCL Wonder of the Seas in April. I imagine that the  $207.99 7 day dining package is the best deal to expect? It is listed at that now, so wondering if I should jump on it.  DH and I much prefer Celebrity, but doing this cruise for our young adult kids and their significant others. We were not at all impressed with the MDR on previous RCCL trips (it has been quite a while). Now to figure out the drink packages. What is the best price that I should be on the lookout for? How are the wine selections? Still not sure I will go with the drink pkg for hubby and I. The kids do the smoothies, coffee drinks, etc. (plus alcohol of course 😀) I’m mostly wine/cocktails and Starbucks. Thanks for any advice!

Book your dining pkg now and if you see a lower price, maybe black Friday sale, you can cancel that order and rebook at lower price.   This can be done with any items in cruise planner.

If you have status with celebrity you can use to get status with Royal.   Diamond members get 4 free drink vouchers, D+ get 5.   This may help with your decision about drink pkg.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 7680 said:

Hello! We are sailing on RCCL Wonder of the Seas in April. I imagine that the  $207.99 7 day dining package is the best deal to expect?

We are on a March sailing on the Wonder and the lowest I've seen is $207.99.  We opted for the 3 night package instead, we also have a voucher from our TA and booked the Chef's Table for another night so we'll have 5 nights of speciality dining.  We'll probably do the Solarium Bistro the other 2 nights. We also feel the speciality restaurants offer a better overall dining experience for what we like despite the cost. 

29 minutes ago, 7680 said:

I’m mostly wine/cocktails and Starbucks. Thanks for any advice!

If your'e looking at the drink package keep in mind it does not cover the onboard Starbucks.

We love the UDP and it should go down some for Black Friday. 
to gets your money’s worth you have to drink at least 4 alcohol drinks a day. Many times the refreshment package goes to $23 a day. That includes all coffee drinks except Starbucks all smoothies, juice, soda, bottled water, and mock tails. So if u add 4 alcohol drinks to that at $13 each it equals the drink package. Some drinks are not $13 though. Like beer, some wines and mixed drinks are cheaper. The drink package would never work for me because I get 4 drinks free with diamond so I would have to drink at least 8 alcohol drinks a day. Bottom line is if you are not drinking at least 4 alcohol drinks a day not worth it. You can buy the refreshment package at $23 and just pay extra for any of the alcohol drinks and it would be cheaper 

Edited by renza

We did UDP on last cruise and loved it , previously we did 5 night plans. We book suites but do not care for suite restaurant for dinner. One of the perks of the package is you get a 40 percent discount on all bottles of wine under 100 , this gives you a much better selection than the normal wines by the glass. We will definitely do this again on any future rccl cruises.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rudeney said:

The best price I've seen for UDP on our 7-night is $245 (inclusive of the 18% gratuity).  The best price for DBP is $65 (plus 18% gratuity), so $537 for the week.  

I paid $165 plus gratuities made it $195 on symphony in feb and Allure in April. Got it during Black Friday 

• Like 1

Just now, renza said:

I paid $165 plus gratuities made it $195 on symphony in feb and Allure in April. Got it during Black Friday 

Thos Black Friday sales seem to be the best prices.  My problem is we rarely book a cruise before Black Friday that departs after it.  We tend to book the first of the year for that fall.  But that may change for our next cruise.  We want to go to Alaska next years, and I may book that very soon.

• Like 1

I will def check out  Black Friday promos. Have it on my calendar!  The drink packages are SO pricey compared to the great deal we received for premium all-inclusive drinks on Celebrity. Thank you all!

I would absolutely get the Dining Package. My recommendation would be not to sleep on it. There's only a set number of packages that they sell per sailing, and they can sell out of the Unlimited Dining Package before your cruise. Go ahead and buy now - you can always cancel and rebook before your cruise if there is a better deal being offered later.

• Like 2