Platinum Dinning Voucher

TOMTOMRN331

I say this on every thread on this topic (yes, there have been many others, a couple in the last month) - 

Assuming you ALSO have the free-at-sea dining perk, book the cover-charge venues FIRST as the system will assume you're going to use the perk meals and THEN book the a-la-carte venues since there is no charge to book those.  This way NOTHING is charged until you get on board and you can choose which meal type to use for each venue as you're not "locked in" to using one credit or the other based on the booking except for the restrictions on the Platinum voucher.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TOMTOMRN331 said:

Hello

We are sailing Jewel in Jan 2023. 

Is there any way to pre book dinning with our dinning voucher OR do you have to wait till you are on board and make a reservations in person? 

Thank You

You can always pre book reservations 125 days prior to departure. Prime time dining will sell out quickly. Just make a reservation, you decide how to pay at time of service (platinum voucher, SDP, room charge). 

39 minutes ago, TOMTOMRN331 said:

Would you recommend calling? I ask because I was under the impression if you book speciality dinning outside your dinning package you are required to pay at time of booking. 

See my previous reply in this thread..

44 minutes ago, TOMTOMRN331 said:

Would you recommend calling? I ask because I was under the impression if you book speciality dinning outside your dinning package you are required to pay at time of booking. 

I think you are missing the fine detail here that was described earlier above. There are two types of specialty restaurants, and they will be indicated on the page that lists the restaurants on your reservation.
1) Those that have a flat cover charge fee, and those will be charged to pre-book, so it's what you want to book first so your Free at Sea benefits zero it out and you won't have to pre-pay. If you don't have Free at Sea, you will need to pre-pay. So if you want to go to Teppenyaki, book it first, so your Free at Sea will zero it out.
2) Those that have an a la carte fee, and those will never charge to pre-book, regardless of your perks. 

My Example on the Encore this year, I'll have four free specialty dining nights. I have two Free at Sea meals and I know I'll get free dining coupons for Latitudes Platinum (one for either LeBistro or Cagneys, one for either Los Lobos or Q) once I'm on board. If I wanted to do Teppenyaki, Cagneys, Le Bistro, and Los Lobos, I would book Teppenyaki first, so my Free at Sea promo would make it $0 due, and then Cagneys, Le Bistro and Los Lobos in any order because all of them are a la carte, and won't be pre-charged. 

1 hour ago, TOMTOMRN331 said:

If you are booking Teppanyaki or Moderno, book them first and they will be zero charge. All the rest are a la carte and have zero charge. I make all of my reservations online.