Amex CPP OBC and Upgrades

cruisemover

The American Express Cruise Privileges Program offers $100 OBC for inside and outside staterooms, $200 OBC for balcony and mini-suite staterooms, and $300 OBC for suites on NCL.

If the stateroom is upgraded, is the OBC amount based on the originally booked stateroom or the upgraded stateroom?

P.S. Can the OBC from the Amex CPP and the shareholder benefit be combined?

I don't know the answer to your first question, as this is my first time using my amex card and the cpp.  But my TA had me already submit my paperwork for the shareholder benefit  So that is in my acct already.  And he said that my amex benefits will be put in about a week before the cruise, so I assume both can be used.

I believe it will be OBC in the form of the original booking. If you upgrade, it would likely depend on the type of upgrade.

Yes, the AMEX CPP and Shareholders OBC are combinable. We've done it many times.

Also, AMEX gives a dining perk in Le Bistro for 2 guests. 

8 hours ago, CTCruiser001 said:

I believe it will be OBC in the form of the original booking. If you upgrade, it would likely depend on the type of upgrade.

Yes, the AMEX CPP and Shareholders OBC are combinable. We've done it many times.

Also, AMEX gives a dining perk in Le Bistro for 2 guests. 

2nd that.  I just did that a couple of weeks ago on my Getaway cruise.  Got $300 OBC and LeBistro dinner + wine from AMEX.  Also got $100 OBC for being a shareholder.

In order to get the AmEx perks, my understanding is that the booking needs to be done with a platinum card (correct me if I'm wrong).

Does the booking also have to be done through the AmEx travel portal? Does AmEx act as the TA? Can it be booked directly through NCL?

Any way to retroactively add the perks if it wasn't booked with the platinum, but the person who booked the cruise has the platinum card?

Edited by WorkingForOBC

43 minutes ago, WorkingForOBC said:

In order to get the AmEx perks, my understanding is that the booking needs to be done with a platinum card (correct me if I'm wrong).

Does the booking also have to be done through the AmEx travel portal? Does AmEx act as the TA? Can it be booked directly through NCL?

Any way to retroactively add the perks if it wasn't booked with the platinum, but the person who booked the cruise has the platinum card?

The booking and trip must be paid using the Platinum card.  We've booked directly with AMEX, and with various TA's in the past. You just need to ensure if using a TA, they have a relationship with AMEX to be able to assign the CPP perks to your booking. 

24 minutes ago, carohs said:

This is good info! Besides the CPP perks, is this card worth it? I may need to apply 🤔

$200 hotel credit, $200 uber credit, $200 airline credit, etc...Lots more to use to redeem the membership fee. I book suites and above with NCL and get $300 obc per sailing, plus dinner at Le Bistro for two on every cruise. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, carohs said:

This is good info! Besides the CPP perks, is this card worth it? I may need to apply 🤔

Depends on what you find worth it.  Its got an annual fee of almost $700.  But if you have a corporate amex card, they have a program shere its reduced a little.  The $200 hotel credit mentioned above is not for just any hotel, its for what Amex qualifies as hotels in their Fine & Regular Hotel collection.  You get $20/month to apply towards a select few, like Disney bundle, but not Netflix.  I have it using audible.com right now.  You also get monthly uber credits of $15, where Dec is I think it was like $35.  That said, sometimes you also get random amex offers that you can add that can save some money.  LOL it  came too late to help me as it was after my final payment date, but I currently have an offer where if I spend $500 on NCL reservations, I will get $125 statement credit back.  They do it randomly sometimes w/ the other cruiselines as well.

Edited by StarAFire
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, nitesiren said:

This is interesting…my TA says this does not apply to the NCL Prima or Viva sailings. Anyone else hear this?

It makes no mention of that on the internal AMEX CPP website that TAs use. But, NCL themselves might be being stingy here and not allowing it on those sailings.  

• Like 1