Carnival Liberty/Port Canaveral

sswells

Quick question to the community...    Anyone that has been on Liberty into Port Canaveral recently - can you give an estimate on when you were actually able to disembark?      Also, what's the quickest way from the port to Orlando Airport - Uber readily available I assume, any shuttle services that are pretty quick to fill and head out?    

We’ve sailed the Liberty 5 sailings since January. Self debark with luggage usually starts about 6:30-7. Everyone is off the ship by 8:30-9. 
We’ve used Cocoa Beach shuttles, would NOT recommend and Airport Canaveral shuttles… definitely WOULD recommend. They offer several time options to and from MCO and are very punctual. 

• Like 1

We just got off Freedom in Port Canaveral about a week ago and used Uber for both ways to and from Orlando airport.  Quick and efficient.

I can't speak to Liberty disembarking but Freedom's was a nightmare. Everyone trying to leave at the same time. 😩😄

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick replies.    Just trying to help someone trying to make a 1110a flight out of MCO..

This helps thinking it will work if they shoot for early off the ship.

• Like 1

We were on the Liberty at the beginning of July.  We tried to get off at 7am with our own luggage, but it seems that everyone else had the same idea.  We had to wait for 4 elevators ☹️.  I don't know about shuttles, we park at the port. I think an 11:10 flight could be doable, but traffic can be hit or miss.  Have a backup plan👍

Edited by KimPossible1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sswells said:

Thanks for the quick replies.    Just trying to help someone trying to make a 1110a flight out of MCO..

This helps thinking it will work if they shoot for early off the ship.

I definitely think an 11:10 flight would work. Even with taking a shuttle, we were at the airport about 9. 

On 7/24/2022 at 1:58 PM, MeganGC1983 said:

We’ve sailed the Liberty 5 sailings since January. Self debark with luggage usually starts about 6:30-7. Everyone is off the ship by 8:30-9. 
We’ve used Cocoa Beach shuttles, would NOT recommend and Airport Canaveral shuttles… definitely WOULD recommend. They offer several time options to and from MCO and are very punctual. 

Airport Canaveral looked real good at $20 each way until I entered our dates (Mardi Gras, so a Saturday sailing) and they double the price to $40 for Saturdays so I'm looking at other options. That gets expensive for 4 of us real quick. (I also hate that concept!)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RickAinley said:

Airport Canaveral looked real good at $20 each way until I entered our dates (Mardi Gras, so a Saturday sailing) and they double the price to $40 for Saturdays so I'm looking at other options. That gets expensive for 4 of us real quick. (I also hate that concept!)

Oh wow! Yeah I would too.