Zaandam cabin info

crusin'k

Based upon the positive info I was given on this board, we have decided to do the Grand South America cruise.  We are sticking with an inside cabin - works best for us.  TA suggested cabin J2619 on Main deck.  He said it is a little larger which may be an advantage.  However, I see it is right next to the stairway.  Does anyone have info regarding this cabin, especially the noise factor?

Thank you all for your help.  It has been a few years since we have been on HAL and are anxious to return!

The inside cabins on the Zaandam are large for the most part.   I was not next to the stairs but directly across from the laundry when there was a self service laundry and didn’t hear a thing.    Also check Halfacts.com and people leave photos and sometimes comments about the cabins. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

The inside cabins on the Zaandam are large for the most part.   I was not next to the stairs but directly across from the laundry when there was a self service laundry and didn’t hear a thing.    Also check Halfacts.com and people leave photos and sometimes comments about the cabins. 

I agree with this poster.  Noise from a public stairway ought not to be a concern.  

As a multi-time veteran of this cabin, on all four R-class ships, I just answered your question on the other thread you started. 
In a nutshell, you are welcome to the cabin as long as I don't want to be on the ship at the same time. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, RuthC said:

you are welcome to the cabin as long as I don't want to be on the ship at the same time. 

The most gracious RuthC!  😆 

Are there any veteran HAL cruisers that don't have a stateroom that we most prefer?