Carnival Vista Sail and Sign Card ?

dljones

The last time we cruised with Carnival we got our Sail and Sign cards at the terminal check in location. I've heard that now you don't get your S&S Card until you get to your room. Is that true? I've also heard that it won't work until you attend the muster drill. Anyone experience this recently? We are leaving the 3rd of Sept. and can't wait!

Thanks!!

You will get your card at your cabin door. Until then, you can use your boarding pass to get drinks and check in at your muster station. They scan the bar code on it.

There were some talk about not activating your card until muster by youtubers and folks on this board but I dont think it was ever official.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dljones said:

I've also heard that it won't work until you attend the muster drill. Anyone experience this recently?

Not sure if that part is true or not, but don't think it is.  They still call for people to do muster up until shortly before departure time.

22 minutes ago, dljones said:

I've also heard that it won't work until you attend the muster drill. Anyone experience this recently?

We have been on 9 cruises this year, and have found this varies by ship.  Most commonly, your card quits working after 2 drinks to "encourage" people to get to their muster drill. 

The Miracle does the best job, they usher people straight to muster upon boarding.  

Also, if you haven't had a chance to get to your room to get your card (or your is not available until later) you can use your boarding pass to order a drink.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

Not sure if that part is true or not, but don't think it is.  They still call for people to do muster up until shortly before departure time.

You cam muster as soon as you board

49 minutes ago, csm5986142 said:

We have been on 9 cruises this year, and have found this varies by ship.  Most commonly, your card quits working after 2 drinks to "encourage" people to get to their muster drill. 

The Miracle does the best job, they usher people straight to muster upon boarding.  

Also, if you haven't had a chance to get to your room to get your card (or your is not available until later) you can use your boarding pass to order a drink.

That's what we have done on every cruise. works great. :classic_wink:

17 minutes ago, TheSeagoer said:

You cam muster as soon as you board

Yes, that's what we've done on our last three cruises, but with all the announcements right before sailing, not everyone does.  It's so simple now, I'm not sure why they just keep waiting.