Pre-Cruise Booked Shore Excursions

sasset

On 7/29/2022 at 3:37 PM, hrhdhd said:

Yes.

However, there are some time limits.  Excursion has to be cancelled no less then x hours before the shore excursion and they cut off cruise planner y days before departure.

Some special shore (few and far between) excursions have more strict requirements.

It seems as though items are left in the cart for a long time, but just because it is in the cart doesn't mean it is still available.  I have gone back to pay for an excursion that was still in my cart but it was already sold out when I tried to process the payment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jgmorgan said:

It seems as though items are left in the cart for a long time, but just because it is in the cart doesn't mean it is still available.  I have gone back to pay for an excursion that was still in my cart but it was already sold out when I tried to process the payment.

Thanks, I sometimes book far in advance but don’t want to pay that far in advance. So essentially it says you reserved the excursion but it’s really not.

19 hours ago, Virginia100 said:

Thanks, I sometimes book far in advance but don’t want to pay that far in advance. So essentially it says you reserved the excursion but it’s really not.

That has been my experience, others may have had different ones.  If it is something you really want to do, my advice would be to make the actual purchase as soon as you can.  If things change, an excursion is easily cancelled and in our case Celebrity has been very prompt with crediting back to our credit card.  But, it does tie up your money to purchase far in advance.

I think most of us would agree that just adding an excursion to a cart for an extended time should not allow it to be tied up and not allow another to book it by paying then. 

And if you book it prior to the cruise, yes you pay, but you can pay using OBC, or if you decide to cancel prior to the cruise (more than a day or a few prior to boarding, I forget), it is reimbursed pretty quickly. So not sure why someone would think it’s OK that they just ‘reserve’ a tour and not pay and expect it to be held off from others. 

Have canceled a pre-paid excursion on board and it was added to my OBC, a credit that if not used is reimbursed at the end. 

So if you see a tour you want, I suggest you Book It! I held off on a tour I Really wanted to go on, but because our travel mates wanted to wait til we got on board and of course, it wasnt available. Learned my lesson. Yes, I was a ‘nice guy’…..once. 

den

• Like 1