Tell me what you love about the Royal class

bluebelt

7 hours ago, LawDog61 said:

Not being a “big ship” guy, I didn’t think I would like, but hey, they  have really grown on me.  
PROS

1) Mini-suites are great.   Better than grand class.  Especially like the curtain       divider which can make it like 2 rooms

2). The variety of food in the buffet is amazing.  And in theses Covid conscious times, get your food and go outside if you want.  I am a celiac and must avoid gluten     Surprisingly, no problem in the buffet.  Find a white hat and they happily walk you around telling you what is safe.

3). The very back of the ship.   Out behind the buffet is a small area when you can eat, enjoy coffee or just hang out.  It’s sheltered from the wind.  Go up the stairs and there is a similar area with very comfortable chairs and sofas.   It’s the smoking area, and even though I am not a smoker, it’s an enjoyable ares.  Go up the stairs their one more deck and it’s the dedicated walking/running track.

CONS

1). No real Wheelhouse.   The area designated as the “wheelhouse “ is basically nothing more than a waiting area for the crown grill.  

And, they spoiled the Crown Grill too with bar next door. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Alcairns said:

I was referring to happy hour in the concierge suite not the elite and platinum daily function. Never go to these as we seem to get ignored by the waiters. 

Sorry about the misunderstanding. I wouldn't know anything about the concierge suite functions. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, pris993 said:

Some one else told me that, have not seen anything in writing, would much prefer the Ruby in SF.  

We were told by a Princess sales rep. that the Ruby was going to Galveston and that the Royal would be taking it's place in SF.  Given the current listings for voyages in 2023 for both ships, it would appear that the information may have been incorrect.

On 7/29/2022 at 9:19 PM, bluebelt said:

My husband and I have not cruised since Covid and have mainly cruised RCCL and NCL (10 cruises total).  It has probably been close to 15 years since I last cruised Princess.  What I loved at that time was MUTS and the pizza poolside grill.  We are looking at the Mexican Riviera on the Discovery.  What do you love about Princess and the Royal class in general?  If anyone has some recent sample Patters for that class of ship (I know things change and are different by ship) that would be great!  We are trying to decide between a cruise and an all-inclusive.

We have been on the Majestic; one of the reasons that we chose her was the Hollywood Conservatory/Pool Club. We liked that it was sort of like getting the Sanctuary but at no cost; also the fact that it wasn't a cookie cutter of the other Royal class ships. We got on and our expectations were met and exceeded! From the staff to the features, we were amazed! In March of this year we had the pleasure of a California Coastal / Mexican Riviera back to back on the Magnificent Majestic. Stem to Stern she is beautiful and her staff is the most welcoming and friendly group we could hope to sail with. 

She featured some great outdoor spaces: her upper decks had some walking areas with some beautiful paintings to pose with (like angel wings, balloon bouquets, etc.). The indoor hallways all had pictures submitted by fellow cruisers that we'd linger to look at. Specialty restaurants were each and everyone delightful! The Hotel Director had recommended courses at Harmony Restaurant (start with the wonton soup, have the lemon chicken with chow mein and I forget which dessert, but it had Boba pearls, strawberries, and I think kiwi in it). AMAZING! 

We celebrated our 20th anniversary onboard, and start to finish, that  day was made special by the staff, starting with balcony breakfast served (planned with my husband, unknown to me...very sneaky).

Later, we went to the Concierge lounge before dinner, and they had champagne and chocolate strawberries for us; after dinner was a beautiful cake with all of the staff singing, and when we got back to our room, they had two towel swans in a heart with their little washcloth chicks and rose petals, as well as a drawn bath with rose petals..so spoiled.🥰

All of the cruise director staff kept us rolling with their games, day and night, regardless of weather. The different outlets inside, such as International Café, Excursions, Vines, everyone was just amazing (shout outs to Neville Saldanha for his outstanding presence as Director of Restaurant Operations and Chef Barbu who made sure that all of our clothes shrank while onboard).

The cooking show is not to be missed; it's educational and hysterical!

In case you can't tell, we are fans of the Royal Class, so much so that we are booked again, back to back, on the beautiful Majestic, and cannot wait to step up the gangway and into our cabin!

Cheers and happy sailing!🥂

• Like 3