Discrepancy between AARP and HAL OBC

laura1960

In early July, I booked a 12-day New Zealand cruise on the Noordam for Jan 2023, using the Celebration Sale. I booked with AARP,  largely because of various promotions offering a $600 deposit and $250 in on-board credit. I called HAL about another matter, and asked if they could verify that I had $250 OBC. The HAL consultant could only verify $150, referring me back to AARP. Obviously, I'd rather have $250 (this momma likes her frou-frou coffee drinks, a glass of wine with dinner, and maybe a frou-frou alcoholic drink at the show). Has anyone else had this issue, and how do you get it straightened out...before you leave, or on embarkation day? Also, when does OBC show up on your card?

Edited by laura1960

9 minutes ago, laura1960 said:

In early July, I booked a 12-day New Zealand cruise on the Noordam for Jan 2023, using the Celebration Sale. I booked with AARP,  largely because of various promotions offering a $600 deposit and $250 in on-board credit. I called HAL about another matter, and asked if they could verify that I had $250 OBC. The HAL consultant could only verify $150, referring me back to AARP. Obviously, I'd rather have $250 (this momma likes her frou-frou coffee drinks, a glass of wine with dinner, and maybe a frou-frou alcoholic drink at the show). Has anyone else had this issue, and how do you get it straightened out...before you leave, or on embarkation day? Also, when does OBC show up on your card?

Since you booked through a non-HAL source which is the entity that is giving you the $250 OBC, your confirmation from AARP should reflect this benefit.  it has been my experience that any non-HAL perks do  not show up on HAL's website.  You need to contact AARP and get this OBC in writing.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, laura1960 said:

Any OBC from a TA or any agency other than HAL will not show up on your booking but will be applied to your onbiard account when you sail .  You should have something in writing from AARP which confirms the OBC - take it with you, just in case.

It sound like you have $150 from HAL as well.