Self Administered Covid 19 Proxy Testing

1 hour ago, phillygwm said:

I just took my OnPoint test in preparation for a Friday cruise.  Easy Peasy.  I'd heard mixed things but didn't experience any issues.  Always a good idea to be in front of your computer early because sometimes Zoom can be slow to load etc.

My wife and I plan to use OnPoint. I'm assuming for two people they do you one after the other on the same call?

9 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

My wife and I plan to use OnPoint. I'm assuming for two people they do you one after the other on the same call?

They say you can have as many as 4 tests but I was solo so I can't confirm that firsthand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/2/2022 at 8:56 AM, Sundiego said:

The question was asked but overlooked... Did On Point verify or care about the expiration date on the test? Like others, I have a bunch of the orange iHealth tests that are a few months beyond the expiration date.

A lot of those expiration dates have been extended.  My box expired back in June but, checking the website, it's extended to December.

That said, no, they didn't check the expiration.

7 hours ago, phillygwm said:

I just took my OnPoint test in preparation for a Friday cruise.  Easy Peasy.  I'd heard mixed things but didn't experience any issues.  Always a good idea to be in front of your computer early because sometimes Zoom can be slow to load etc.

I do not currently have Zoom.  I assume you have to use Zoom for all of the online proctored tests?  
Last cruise in April we did the free drive thru tests at Walgreens.  It was SO simple, but now I believe that option has gotten expensive.  Not free anymore, at any rate.

3 hours ago, Sea saw 56 said:

I do not currently have Zoom.  I assume you have to use Zoom for all of the online proctored tests?  

I just used it on my desktop with webcam.  It's a weblink.  I find desktop/laptop easier than fumbling with my iPhone, though I've done that in a Canadian hotel room when the U.S. required testing to get into the country.

I've done three proctored tests with three different companies and all used different "Zoom-like" websites.  

14 hours ago, phillygwm said:

I just used it on my desktop with webcam.  It's a weblink.  I find desktop/laptop easier than fumbling with my iPhone, though I've done that in a Canadian hotel room when the U.S. required testing to get into the country.

I've done three proctored tests with three different companies and all used different "Zoom-like" websites.  

Can you just click on a link they send to your iPhone/computer, or do you have to download a "zoom-like" app in advance?  I am assuming OnPoint initiates the call.

Did the proctor have to stay online until the results were completed at 10/15/20 minutes for whatever kit you are using? It sounds like a dumb question probably, but I'm just curious as we will be out of the country when we have to do the test for our cruise, and just wondering if they do if I can't find a WIFI service and have to use international minutes.

1 hour ago, Sea saw 56 said:

Can you just click on a link they send to your iPhone/computer, or do you have to download a "zoom-like" app in advance?  I am assuming OnPoint initiates the call.

Yes.  It's a specific link.  Any computer (or phone) with a camera will do.  There may be firewalls on your side that might block it but aside from that you'll be OK.

23 minutes ago, clojacks said:

Did the proctor have to stay online until the results were completed at 10/15/20 minutes for whatever kit you are using? It sounds like a dumb question probably, but I'm just curious as we will be out of the country when we have to do the test for our cruise, and just wondering if they do if I can't find a WIFI service and have to use international minutes.

No.  She was online for about 5 minutes, until I got the single line.  Actually, another of my proctored tests (different company) did the same thing.  That proctor told me that if you have enough sample to display a single line, you'd already be showing both lines if you were positive.  Hey, as long as I had the report showing that I'm negative 🙂

Edited by phillygwm
  • Thanks 1

Can someone please clarify for the online proctored test, do you pay first and schedule the test? How far in advance do you schedule your online test.  A week in advance?

or perhaps take the test at the Seattle’s cruise terminal for $99.00 per person? Can someone confirm that amount? 

Thanks in advance.