APP DINING RESERVATIONS IGNORED BY ENTRY STAFF

windsor26

6 hours ago, scottca075 said:

A lot of people DO NOT want to share with strangers in this time when Covid is still raging about. I don't know where the Sky is right now, but on the West Coast of the U.S. Covid rates and hospitalizations are back where they were 12 months ago. Fewer are dying, but the risk remains, especially for those with co-morbidities. After an over two year break my parents (92 & 93) are going on a cruise next month. Even fully vaxed and boosted they are at risk.

I agree.

DH's company held an in-person conference two weeks. People from all of the US flew in and had a 3 day maskless workshop marathon. Now everyone at my DH's work has Covid. Coworkers got it a the conference and brought it into the office to employees who weren't even at the conference, like one older employee with stage 4 cancer. They passed it on to their families. Their families will pass it on to everyone at school which started this week. It spread like wildfire.

Covid for everyone! You get covid, and you get covid, everybody gets it!

A couple of weeks ago the company I work for, in stark contrast to the company my DH works for, reinstituted mask mandate and asked everyone who can to work from home. That's because they looked at the county's covid cases and realized how bad it was.

But half the people on CC are yelling: let's get back to normal!!! No tests, no masks, just like the good old times!

I'll tell you what it's like: my DH and I are relatively healthy people under 50, vaxxed and boosted, and when we got covid on our June cruise - it was tough. DH doesn't even want to go on a Princess cruise in November, because he thinks we'll get sick again.

My BIL is still sick as a dog after picking it up at the same work conference - a healthy 40 yo dude. He then infected my MIL who is now very sick. Both of them went shopping after testing positive and to the doctors - no masks. MIL wasn't even going to quarantine, she was going back to work - my DH told her she had to stay home. And that's exactly how it's going to be on a cruise, except for - we are not home, trying to get comfortable, while coughing our lungs out and feeling horrible. Sure, for some people it's no more than a cold. I have yet to actually meet such people.

I am glad we didn't bring my parents on a June cruise with us. Mom still hasn't gotten her sense of smell back after the original covid and has a very foggy brain. Don't want them to get it again.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, scottca075 said:

They have literally barely left their home for over two years. They go to doctors appointments and that is about it.

my parents aren't like that. They go to the senior center, the swimming pool, do the senior aerobics and yoga classes, go shopping, go on field trips with the senior center, join festivities at their senior living apartments, etc. They are not cooped up at all, but they are careful. It's hard to be this careful on a cruise, though. We were and still got covid. Being on a cruise in very close proximity to 5K strangers who aren't even covering when they are sneezing and coughing - yeap, not the same as doing laps in a swimming pool.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

my parents aren't like that. They go to the senior center, the swimming pool, do the senior aerobics and yoga classes, go shopping, go on field trips with the senior center, join festivities....

Don't know about the ATL, but all of those things were closed in their community for over a year, maybe 18 months. They have only been reopening unfettered for the last few months.

16 hours ago, scottca075 said:

A cruise is an all inclusive vacation where they do not need to do anything for themselves once they arrive at the ship. They live 40 minutes south of the LA cruise port. There is nothing they could do land based that comes even close.

They obviously must understand the risks involved since most other passengers (from what we've seen) aren't that concerned about how strict the protocols are. They offer little protection from catching Covid in our opinion. 

We're in a similar situation and don't wish to live our lives in isolation. 

17 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I agree.

DH's company held an in-person conference two weeks. People from all of the US flew in and had a 3 day maskless workshop marathon. Now everyone at my DH's work has Covid. Coworkers got it a the conference and brought it into the office to employees who weren't even at the conference, like one older employee with stage 4 cancer. They passed it on to their families. Their families will pass it on to everyone at school which started this week. It spread like wildfire.

Covid for everyone! You get covid, and you get covid, everybody gets it!

A couple of weeks ago the company I work for, in stark contrast to the company my DH works for, reinstituted mask mandate and asked everyone who can to work from home. That's because they looked at the county's covid cases and realized how bad it was.

But half the people on CC are yelling: let's get back to normal!!! No tests, no masks, just like the good old times!

I'll tell you what it's like: my DH and I are relatively healthy people under 50, vaxxed and boosted, and when we got covid on our June cruise - it was tough. DH doesn't even want to go on a Princess cruise in November, because he thinks we'll get sick again.

My BIL is still sick as a dog after picking it up at the same work conference - a healthy 40 yo dude. He then infected my MIL who is now very sick. Both of them went shopping after testing positive and to the doctors - no masks. MIL wasn't even going to quarantine, she was going back to work - my DH told her she had to stay home. And that's exactly how it's going to be on a cruise, except for - we are not home, trying to get comfortable, while coughing our lungs out and feeling horrible. Sure, for some people it's no more than a cold. I have yet to actually meet such people.

I am glad we didn't bring my parents on a June cruise with us. Mom still hasn't gotten her sense of smell back after the original covid and has a very foggy brain. Don't want them to get it again.

So sorry you all had to go through all that!  No, it is not a joke and no like a cold for anyone I know.  
I hope your family gets well soon.

• Like 1

Hmmm…Maybe it was just for a few sailings  they did this to mitigate the spread?! 

I was on the Sky, Enchanted and Caribbean this year and all had shared tables, all even asked if we preferred  to share. 

• Like 2