Norwegian Jade Piraeus Disembarkation time

Chelled123

Hi. I’m taking the Jade in Nov. How long does disembarkation take? I’m planning to take 12pm flight out of Athens (ship is scheduled into port at 6am). Will I make it to the airport and make my flight? I plan to do ”self assist” disembarking. What is “self assist” disembarking like?

13 hours ago, Chelled123 said:

Trimone, how long does disembarkation take if I carry my luggage off on own? What time does the ship start disembarking, if boat arrives in port at 6am? Will I make a 12pm flight?

Self disembarkation takes about as long as it will take you to walk off the ship. There may be a very small queue (maybe a few people) where they scan your card as you get off the ship. Maybe if you are waiting to get off right when they start there may be a slightly longer queue, but you have no need to be there at that time.

We arrived at 6am and self walk off was scheduled to start at 7am.

We hung around until about 9am before getting off, and were still at the airport not long after 10am. If you get off before 8am (which will be easy) then you should be at the airport around 9am. No problem at all.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Chelled123 said:

Hi. I’m taking the Jade in Nov. How long does disembarkation take? I’m planning to take 12pm flight out of Athens (ship is scheduled into port at 6am). Will I make it to the airport and make my flight? I plan to do ”self assist” disembarking. What is “self assist” disembarking like?

NCL booked our flights and we're scheduled on a flight at 11:30am, so it's very doable it seems.  I figured we would leave the ship between 7-7:30 and get our taxi service to the airport (port is 50 mins from the airport I heard).

5 hours ago, Trimone said:

I will give you a tip, pick up some light blue tags from reception, they are transfers to airport, just get your case and jump on the coach, nobody checks?

I have used NCL transfers twice and they certainly did check to make sure I had paid for them before we were let on.

To the OP, I got off the Jade back in November and was at the airport well in advance of my 11:30am flight to Milan...even had time to grab a snack.  We used a private car transfer service as there were 6 of us and it was cheaper than using the transfers.