How full are ships - Aug 2022?

MacII

Hello,

I sailed on POA earlier this year and the ship was 1/2 full. (also half services like most bars and restaurants were closed...)

Anyway, we're sailing on the Bliss in two weeks. Are NCL ships still sailing at reduced capacity or is that all over now?

Thank you!

Just now, MacII said:

Hello,

I sailed on POA earlier this year and the ship was 1/2 full. (also half services like most bars and restaurants were closed...)

Anyway, we're sailing on the Bliss in two weeks. Are NCL ships still sailing at reduced capacity or is that all over now?

Thank you!

Other than the POA due to staffing issues, FDR is on record saying all his ships are ready to receive 100% occupancy. Any reduced number onboard is due to lack of passengers booking. 

We were on the Encore last week.  Passenger capacity is 3998 and we were at 3600.  The Haven was at 100% capacity and there were 800 kids on board.

I was on the Bliss in March with 1200 passengers and that was a way better experience, as was the Jewel with 637 passengers in May.

The days of low capacity are over.

1 hour ago, YVRteacher said:

We were on the Encore last week.  Passenger capacity is 3998 and we were at 3600.  The Haven was at 100% capacity and there were 800 kids on board.

I was on the Bliss in March with 1200 passengers and that was a way better experience, as was the Jewel with 637 passengers in May.

The days of low capacity are over.

We were on Encore 7/10-17. We had 3300 so it appears to be trending up. Didn’t seem like we had 800 kids (25%) on board but I don’t know. 

Summer sailings from the USA are selling well. Lots of people had FCC to use up. The summer is the #1 season for the cruise industry. It's their big money maker (cept the 2 weeks of Christmas/NYE). No surprise these numbers have been trending up.

BUT.....

According to travel agent central and Travel Agent Weekly, Fall cruise numbers are dismal. One only needs to look at the number of available cabins on any October cruise to note this is likely accurate. So, if you are looking to sail on a ship that isn't full, look into October/November sailings. There is a good chance these will be sailing much lower than max. 

Cruise lines will have to lower prices in the second half of 2022 to fill ships because cumulative bookings are "in a deep hole" compared with 2019 levels, according to a report written by Truist Securities equity research analyst C. Patrick Scholes.

https://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/Truist-Securities-report-falling-cruise-prices

• Like 1

Caribbean Princess was pretty full last month for 2 weeks.

Reported elsewhere--someone is supposedly in contact with someone onboard the Getaway & we are at 3300 for next week (4200 capacity).

Schools will be in session soon in a lot of the country so wouldn't be surprising if numbers drop some typically.