Yes/No Question—Does Royal accept a positive proctored test (EMED) to process a cruise refund.

Everything I've heard, they will accept a positive proctored test.  

As with everything Royal, YMMV with whomever answers the phone...when I cancelled a cruise in February due to testing positive, I never had to give any proof at all to process my refund.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

Everything I've heard, they will accept a positive proctored test.  

As with everything Royal, YMMV with whomever answers the phone...when I cancelled a cruise in February due to testing positive, I never had to give any proof at all to process my refund.

Been on 5 cruises since last November.  Haven’t left my house in 3 weeks except for a couple quick trips to the grocery store.  Said yes to a tubing trip this past weekend.  All outside with lots of distance between everyone on the water.  We even drove separately!  Now I’m testing positive.  Hubby and son are negative. Completely baffled.  2 boosters and have never tested positive before!  Ugh!  Formal emed test tomorrow. So far just “practice” test.  Will take another practice test in the morning and than take the formal proctored test in order to send to Royal if needed.

14 minutes ago, dianajo67 said:

Been on 5 cruises since last November.  Haven’t left my house in 3 weeks except for a couple quick trips to the grocery store.  Said yes to a tubing trip this past weekend.  All outside with lots of distance between everyone on the water.  We even drove separately!  Now I’m testing positive.  Hubby and son are negative. Completely baffled.  2 boosters and have never tested positive before!  Ugh!  Formal emed test tomorrow. So far just “practice” test.  Will take another practice test in the morning and than take the formal proctored test in order to send to Royal if needed.

Unfortunately all it takes is one person breathing on you.  Sometimes it is a random crap shoot (in a store or outside).  Low risk doesn’t mean no risk is the way to look at it I guess.  If it were me I would schedule a PCR test to make sure regardless of the cruise.  This way you will be armed with more confidence in the result and can adjust the way you see fit (quarantine or knowingly still be near immediate family while you have Covid).  

As far as already testing positive, you would need to either lie on the survey or report the situation and you will most likely be denied boarding. I myself would not lie on a survey to board a public carrier and possibly infect anyone vulnerable.  

Either way, I’d start the contingency planning now.  We had to cancel our cruise for this week due to illness several days ahead and they processed it over the phone very quickly.  Maybe I just had a great rep, but cancellation was easy and they were very sympathetic that we had a couple sick people in the house. 

Good luck.  

I have zero symptoms and a faint line on a practice test.  I need a formal test to get a refund.  If I can’t generate a positive result tomorrow on 2 different tests tomorrow, I’m going to assume the practice test today was mistaken.  I’m fine not going on this cruise if that’s how it works out.  Have a Greek isles cruise next month and that’s the important one.

2 hours ago, topnole said:

As far as already testing positive, you would need to either lie on the survey or report the situation and you will most likely be denied boarding. I myself would not lie on a survey to board a public carrier and possibly infect anyone vulnerable.  

May I ask what questions are on the survey? We sail in 11 days and I'm starting to feel SUPER stressed about the testing and possibility of being denied boarding! My kid came down with cold-like symptoms yesterday, but has tested negative twice now - so I know it's not COVID. But I'm terrified they're going to ask about symptoms and possibly deny boarding! This is so stressful.

23 minutes ago, PSU_Redhead said:

May I ask what questions are on the survey? We sail in 11 days and I'm starting to feel SUPER stressed about the testing and possibility of being denied boarding! My kid came down with cold-like symptoms yesterday, but has tested negative twice now - so I know it's not COVID. But I'm terrified they're going to ask about symptoms and possibly deny boarding! This is so stressful.

If you are going to answer the "symptoms" questions with absolute truth, you might as well go ahead and cancel the cruise now.  COVID symptoms include fatigue, headache, muscle/body aches, sinus congestion, coughing, and sneezing.  These are all things the average middle-aged to older person experience on a daily basis. 

If I were you, I'd take this as "my son tested negative, so he doesn't have COVID, so he's has no COVID symptoms, and I've not been around someone with COVID."

24 minutes ago, PSU_Redhead said:

It was something like any type of sickness with new symptoms in the past 10 days.  So if it started days ago you can answer no honestly because the symptoms aren’t new.   And then maybe one about testing positive for Covid or having symptoms or close contact in past 10 days.  I can’t recall the exacts.  But I know if you test positive 5/6 days out you would have to lie to not get flagged.  

Obviously some judgement is needed.  If you sneeze one in a day you probably shouldn’t say yes I have that symptom or you’d never cruise.  But if your nose was running a lot, that is clearly different.   

Hope that helps.  

Btw.  Not to stress you out, but 2 negative Covid tests isn’t an automatic.   It can take a few days before a test will pick it up.   Wait a 2-3 days and test again.