Lanyard/Seapass card question

I have blingy ones that match just about any color top I'm wearing.  Very lightweight.  Carbineer or "lobster claw" on the bottom, and I get my shipboard card punched as soon as I can once on board.  From Amazon:

Bling Keychain Lanyards Cute Lanyard SAVORI 32.9" Crystal Rhinestone Neck Lanyard Strap for Women Kids Teacher Keys Wallet...

19 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

We got this cardholder (attached to the back if my phone) from NextCruise.

* It can be expensive...we got it after booking a cruise.:classic_biggrin:

IMG_4843.jpg

They are nice. We've got a couple of them from Celebrity. Never used them as my phone stays in the safe. 

3 hours ago, pcur said:

I have blingy ones that match just about any color top I'm wearing.  Very lightweight.  Carbineer or "lobster claw" on the bottom, and I get my shipboard card punched as soon as I can once on board.  From Amazon:

Bling Keychain Lanyards Cute Lanyard SAVORI 32.9" Crystal Rhinestone Neck Lanyard Strap for Women Kids Teacher Keys Wallet...

I used this kind for all my other cruises!! 😍   Always lost "stones" by the end of the cruise🤣

7 hours ago, smogfarmgirl said:

I hadn’t planned on it, I love the freedom of not carrying anything! But after reading everything,  I might, at least for some times. 

I know how you feel.  I carry one though because I’m afraid of losing the card since it’s basically a credit card.

4 hours ago, futureAG said:

@Biker19 any idea what kind of card the Ovation uses? Can it be punched?

She uses RFID card stock. It can be punched very carefully. Place your cell phone light against the card and you should get an almost X-ray like view through the card. You should see the 1/4 in square chip in one corner of the card and the antenna wire (a bit thicker than hair) about 1/4 in from the edges of the card. Avoid those areas (like about 1/2 in from the edge) and you should be safe to punch. 

On 8/6/2022 at 11:16 AM, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Will you be carrying a small Crossbody purse? That’s what I do so I will be putting my card in my purse along with my phone.

I really wasn’t planning to carry anything, lol. True freedom! But I might need a little something it sounds like. 

I love to make cruise lanyard that can double as a pretty necklace so you don't just have a cord around your neck. Not trying to be rude and advertise on here, but it seems relevant to the topic. 

Edit: To be safe, I removed my Etsy link but if you search Teakberry on Etsy, you will find them.

Beaded lanyard 1.jpg

Beaded lanyard 2.jpg

Edited by Cyndi874
Removing Etsy link to not violate any TOS.
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cyndi874 said:

I love to make cruise lanyard that can double as a pretty necklace so you don't just have a cord around your neck. Not trying to be rude and advertise on here, but it seems relevant to the topic. https://www.etsy.com/shop/Teakberry

Those are beautiful.  I use a beaded, necklace looking, lanyard that I love to wear.  It's just so much easier than always digging around in my crossbody bag that I carry.  

• Like 1