COVID TEST

capegirl

I have checked in for my 8 September cruise departing from Barcelona.  In the Explore Well section under Departures from Spain I came across -

Travelers must provide evidence of a negative result for SARS-CoV-2 that has been conducted within 3 days before boarding the ship in Spain.

I was under the impression from various notifications that this has ceased?

1 hour ago, lenoirm said:

Azamara is not requesting a test since end of July 2022 to board but you still need a proof of vaccination ( 3 doses at least)

Where did you obtain that information, please? 

1 hour ago, lenoirm said:

Please read the latest rules to enter Spain

.https://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/covid/travel-requirements-to-spain-for-uk-nationals.html

If you have a proof of vaccination from NHS,

you do no need a test.

As far as I can see this refers only to flights. Requirements may differ for cruises. 

7 minutes ago, blag said:

Where did you obtain that information, please? 

there is information on the website regarding both testing requirements (not required for Barcelona) and vaccination requirements https://www.azamara.co.uk/booked-guests/before-you-board/explore-well-at-sea

my recent cruise on Onward (from Ravenna) someone ended up travelling solo as their travel companion was denied boarding as they were vaccinated but not boosted (and their last dose was over 270 days before)

• Like 1

I've found information about flying and boarding my cruise (in Southampton), but I can't find any information about disembarking at stops along the way (France, Spain and Portugal). Are there any restrictions of passengers disembarking to take shore excursions in those counttries? Or, where can I find that information?

1 hour ago, jwilcox said:

I've found information about flying and boarding my cruise (in Southampton), but I can't find any information about disembarking at stops along the way (France, Spain and Portugal). Are there any restrictions of passengers disembarking to take shore excursions in those counttries? Or, where can I find that information?

There are no restrictions. If there is anything added re a port specific to your cruise that is communicated onboard. Unlike in the early days of returning to cruising overnight changes in port policies are highly unlikely 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jwilcox said:

Hello, I recently was on a BtoB from Barcelona to Copenhagen on Quest from June 11-28, 2022 and we stopped in Spanish, Portuguese, French, Belgian, Dutch and Danish ports as well as Guernsey.  I did ship excursions or wandered around on my own in all of these countries and there were no issues or restrictions leaving the ship or returning.  The standard precautions, showing your cruise card and putting your belongings through a metal detector, were in place when you returned to the ship.  As we all know travel regulations and restrictions can change very quickly.  I hope this helps.  Regards, Paul

3 hours ago, paf225 said:

Hello, I recently was on a BtoB from Barcelona to Copenhagen on Quest from June 11-28, 2022 and we stopped in Spanish, Portuguese, French, Belgian, Dutch and Danish ports as well as Guernsey.  I did ship excursions or wandered around on my own in all of these countries and there were no issues or restrictions leaving the ship or returning.  The standard precautions, showing your cruise card and putting your belongings through a metal detector, were in place when you returned to the ship.  As we all know travel regulations and restrictions can change very quickly.  I hope this helps.  Regards, Paul

Did you need special requirements at Barcelona Airport?

8 hours ago, capegirl said:

Did you need special requirements at Barcelona Airport?

My initial travel plans involved a direct flight to Barcelona from Toronto but that flight was cancelled the day it was due to depart and I ended up flying to Amsterdam the following day and then on to Barcelona.  At the time I was required to complete and submit the Spanish SpTH Health Control Form before I departed which I did.  Due to my flight changes I ended up arriving in Barcelona from another Schengen country which streamlined things.  I don't recall any special requirements at Barcelona airport other then showing my SpTH QR code.  I'm not sure what the requirements are for someone like yourself traveling from the U.K.

Regards, Paul

14 hours ago, uktog said:

There are no requirements for fully vaccinated people traveling between the Uk and Spain

We are travelling to the UK (from Australia) at end of August and then from the UK in September to join Quest in Barcelona on 17th. We are both vaccinated and boosted and I believe we have to complete the SpTH form to enter Spain. Are there no requirements for UK citizens to complete the form if travelling from the UK?  

16 hours ago, lenoirm said:

https://www.spth.gob.es

please refer to this web site !

If you are not an EU or Schengen area citizen

You need proof of vaccinations 

and the Spth form to enter Spain,they rarely check it in Spain but airlines may check it before boarding outside of EU..

Micheline

We needed to present the QR code/ form at the Barcelona airport just last week.  Easy to fill out.