Will HAL follow now?? NCL changes Covid policy

DaveOKC

For at least 4 months Canadians had to get tested within ONE day of setting foot on USA soil.  Not once did I hear my coworkers or anyone say c’mon USA end testing multiple times like I’ve hear on cruise critic.  We put on our big boy and girl pant and got it done.  Now the tables are turned to a lesser extent and it’s a huge imposition that must be ended so  people can cruise.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

For at least 4 months Canadians had to get tested within ONE day of setting foot on USA soil.  Not once did I hear my coworkers or anyone say c’mon USA end testing multiple times like I’ve hear on cruise critic.  We put on our big boy and girl pant and got it done.  Now the tables are turned to a lesser extent and it’s a huge imposition that must be ended so  people can cruise.

If you are looking for a comparable I think we had a lot of complaints about the US requiring tests to fly back home.  Most of us who support ending testing have been equal opportunity complainers about the various mandates.   

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

No comparison. Way back then, almost all countries were requiring testing. Now there are very few places that require a vaccination, let alone a test. Apples to oranges comparison.

13 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

If you are looking for a comparable I think we had a lot of complaints about the US requiring tests to fly back home.  Most of us who support ending testing have been equal opportunity complainers about the various mandates.   

Yes, it a big deal when USA citizens are put out.  That’s a problem.  Canadians just get it done or stay at home.  Those are the choices right now.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Yes, it a big deal when USA citizens are put out.  That’s a problem.  Canadians just get it done or stay at home.  Those are the choices right now.

We are definitely more frantic.  It is part of our character, for good or bad.  I think every culture gets it done - in their own way.  We did, after all, create some pretty decent vaccines 

• Like 3

Just now, Mary229 said:

We are definitely more frantic.  It is part of our character, for good or bad.  I think every culture gets it done - in their own way.  We did, after all, create some pretty decent vaccines 

Absolutely.  It’s just gets on my last nerve when people post that Canada should end testing.  We don’t have a health system like you folks do.  It’s been bedlam here.  I don’t know why anyone would choose to work in healthcare when so many people don’t give a rats behind about doing what they can to not bog down the system.  It’s a me me world for many.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Absolutely.  It’s just gets on my last nerve when people post that Canada should end testing.  We don’t have a health system like you folks do.  It’s been bedlam here.  I don’t know why anyone would choose to work in healthcare when so many people don’t give a rats behind about doing what they can to not bog down the system.  It’s a me me world for many.

Are you suggesting that all the countries/islands that have removed pre-testing (because it has failed) has a better healthcare system than Canada? If so, that's pretty darn sad. 

• Like 1

As a Canadian living practically on top of the border, with most of my friends living in the US?   I can vouch for Canadians having very different points of view than their American cousins.

Over 85% of Canadians are vaxxed according to statistics   Canada's official statistics of infection and death  per 100,000 citizens are much lower than US numbers. More important is Canadian confidence in those statistics being true.  There's wide belief vaccination is both working, and "the right thing to do".

Whatever skepticism US residents have of any of that?  Polls mostly show wide approval of goverment policy even from people who would never vote for the governing Liberal party. 

Banning entry to Canada of unvaccinated tourists is what most Canadian voters seem to want, according to every poll here.  There are ultra tight spending limits on elections, with lobbying and corporate contributions tiny by US standards.

As long as it appears a large majority of Canadians will vote for candidates and parties banning entry to Canada of unvaccinated tourists?That's what politicians/goverment/officials will do. 

Because that's how they'll get elected or re-elected.

Please don't bash me for passing on what seems to me to be the Canada attitude.  I'm just reporting it doesn't seem likely to me Canadian restrictions will change. 

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, fann1sh said:

As a Canadian living practically on top of the border, with most of my friends living in the US?   I can vouch for Canadians having very different points of view than their American cousins.

Over 85% of Canadians are vaxxed according to statistics   Canada's official statistics of infection and death  per 100,000 citizens are much lower than US numbers. More important is Canadian confidence in those statistics being true.  There's wide belief vaccination is both working, and "the right thing to do".

Whatever skepticism US residents have of any of that?  Polls mostly show wide approval of goverment policy even from people who would never vote for the governing Liberal party. 

Banning entry to Canada of unvaccinated tourists is what most Canadian voters seem to want, according to every poll here.  There are ultra tight spending limits on elections, with lobbying and corporate contributions tiny by US standards.

As long as it appears a large majority of Canadians will vote for candidates and parties banning entry to Canada of unvaccinated tourists?That's what politicians/goverment/officials will do. 

Because that's how they'll get elected or re-elected.

Please don't bash me for passing on what seems to me to be the Canada attitude.  I'm just reporting it doesn't seem likely to me Canadian restrictions will change. 

The U S is heavily vaccinated. In Texasxx CD we are around. 72% last time I checked and that was a while ago. This is not political