RECENT QV REVIEW

tony s

3 minutes ago, Stu UK said:

Can confirm that QV does have fish knives onboard. We been using them most days.

ECFE6130-5FBE-4AFF-B7DA-47F0F69D6E49.jpeg

Interesting in the Grills  , but certainly not offered in Club Dinning ( aug 13th 2021 - June 5th 2022) I have one more cruise in Club and another in main Britannia within the next couple of months . I'll report back if I'm offered one 😉

Just an aside, Stu UK  intrigued was this photo taken a breakfast , is that a Cup & saucer on the right . ? 

As others have noted, a fish knife is often presented in the Grills but not in Britannia. On our earlier Cunard voyages in the 1970s and 80s, a full set of cutlery was on the table as opposed to the new style when only a minimum amount with other pieces brought as needed.  This was in Britannia not just in first class.

The full set of cutlery was offered on many other ships we travelled on, such as Union-Castle and P&O (pre-Carnival).

The fish fork is even more rare than the fish knife.  Many years ago I purchased a set of six fish forks and knives from Canadian Pacific. The ones I have are from their trains, not the ships. (The difference was in the badging.)  A  CP historian explained to me that many  fish forks have a silver-plated handle and stainless steel tines. I was told this is to prevent tarnishing.

But the ones I have are fully silver-plated. 

P1050067.JPG

• Like 1