If re-faring a booking made with $1 down deposit does the deposit stay at $1 ?

brisalta

Whenever I’ve re-fared, I’ve had to also accept that I will lose my perks, unless they are currently offered with the new rate, my deposit will be what’s required at the new rate and I could lose OBC, if not currently included.  Sometimes re-faring works out less to your advantage, when all is taken into consideration.  However, if the new rate is considerably lower it might pay to lose any other benefits.  It’s a real bonus when nothing else has changed except the fare.  The $1 deposits are long gone, so not likely you’ll be able to keep that and get a new lower rate.

The way I look at deposits, they will get the total (regardless of what the initial deposit was) at the end.  This is the very best reason to have Future Cruise DEPOSITS (FCD) on your account.  

• Like 3

15 hours ago, brisalta said:

I made a booking during the $1 down deposit  "special".  If I re-fare the booking does the deposit stay at $1 ?

Yes. I re-fared a $1 deposit for Enchanted TA  Nov 23  and the deposit stayed $1.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TIBTEE said:

Yes. I re-fared a $1 deposit for Enchanted TA  Nov 23  and the deposit stayed $1.

Wow, that’s awesome!  My CVP told me I could not do that!  She said all changes to a booking would have to match current deposits and promos.  You are very lucky!