Inside 20 Days and Travel Documents are not Ready Yet.

Fishfan0073

So this is kinda good news bad news.  Good news less than 20 days to good times, bad news is not sure we will be able to board the ship.  I have completed everything on the Website including: passenger info, picture, and credit card.  When I get to the last step it has my email address in where it says email ticket,  but it is grayed out along with not being able to download our boarding pass.  I know MSC has problems with their website but what is the solution to this problem.  Do I have to call their awful customer service line?  Please Helo

Did you book directly or through a Travel Agent?  If the latter, call them.  If not, then you are going to have to call the dreaded customer dis-service reps.  If you can't find someone helpful then say thanks and dial back until you can find someone who can help.

I had the same issue with the grayed out email step, but 2 days later i just got the E-tickets in my email. No phone calls or hassle. If you haven't gotten it within 10 days of travel then maybe I would start to worry. Unless there is another pressing need for why you need the E-tickets (finalizing airline travel or hotel) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AnA4ever said:

I had the same issue with the grayed out email step, but 2 days later i just got the E-tickets in my email. No phone calls or hassle. If you haven't gotten it within 10 days of travel then maybe I would start to worry. Unless there is another pressing need for why you need the E-tickets (finalizing airline travel or hotel) 

No pressing need other than my own OCD for being over prepared.  

The two most common reasons for this are if you booked through a TA

1: the TA has not passed your insurance details to MSC (90% probability)

2: your payment is still sitting in escrow and has not been passed to MSC (9% probability)

1 hour ago, Fishfan0073 said:

No pressing need other than my own OCD for being over prepared.  

For what it's worth, I am on the same cruise as you and my e-ticket has been available. So just to make sure, you have all green check marks like this?

Also, I don't think waiting for insurance details has anything to do with it since you are U.S. sailing out of U.S. 

image.png.4a7d2e80c52ea11a131d9f50a792c26e.png

1 hour ago, ferretktf said:

The two most common reasons for this are if you booked through a TA

1: the TA has not passed your insurance details to MSC (90% probability)

2: your payment is still sitting in escrow and has not been passed to MSC (9% probability)

There are no insurance issues on sailings from US Ports.  The insurance requirements were dropped (for Americans) some time ago.  As to payments, it is somewhat different here in the USA where cruise payments are seldom held in any kind of escrow.  Booking direct or through a cruise agent, the payment will flow through to the cruise line within hours (sometimes instantly).

If I were the OP I would make the phone call to either MSC or the cruise/travel agent.  

Hank

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Fishfan0073 said:

So this is kinda good news bad news.  Good news less than 20 days to good times, bad news is not sure we will be able to board the ship.  I have completed everything on the Website including: passenger info, picture, and credit card.  When I get to the last step it has my email address in where it says email ticket,  but it is grayed out along with not being able to download our boarding pass.  I know MSC has problems with their website but what is the solution to this problem.  Do I have to call their awful customer service line?  Please Helo

Within 20days, leaving on the 28th and next to each of our name is Edit Info and documents are not available, going to have to call Customer Service Roulette in the morning to check

On 8/9/2022 at 4:46 PM, publicpersona said:

For what it's worth, I am on the same cruise as you and my e-ticket has been available. So just to make sure, you have all green check marks like this?

Also, I don't think waiting for insurance details has anything to do with it since you are U.S. sailing out of U.S. 

image.png.4a7d2e80c52ea11a131d9f50a792c26e.png

I do believe that all my information has been entered and accepted.  I have all of those check marks accept the one that says total amount has been paid, but I paid the full amount of the cruise and insurance when I booked over 60 days ago.  I did book with my Vegas rewards and spoke with MSC directly and paid them directly.  I guess I will be making the dreaded phone call and pray I get someone that can help me.  Wish me luck

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Fishfan0073 said:

I do believe that all my information has been entered and accepted.  I have all of those check marks accept the one that says total amount has been paid, but I paid the full amount of the cruise and insurance when I booked over 60 days ago.  I did book with my Vegas rewards and spoke with MSC directly and paid them directly.  I guess I will be making the dreaded phone call and pray I get someone that can help me.  Wish me luck

Mine was missing the pay line too. I paid everything at time of booking. I called them, and they pushed my docs through the email.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Fishfan0073 said:

Good news, cruise tickets now in hand.  Now we just need a way to make the clock move quicker.  12 days and counting 

Thank you for posting this.  I've just logged on and am having the same issue - will call the dreaded customer service line tomorrow.  Hopefully we can get this resolved as easily as you did.  😳

On 8/15/2022 at 10:19 PM, MacCruising2018 said:

Thank you for posting this.  I've just logged on and am having the same issue - will call the dreaded customer service line tomorrow.  Hopefully we can get this resolved as easily as you did.  😳

Hope things worked out for you.  

A couple days ago I couldn’t print my eTicket using my laptop. I used the MCS for me app and got the option to download the PDF of your eTicket which I then printed. It’s not necessary to have uploaded a picture of yourself or your credit card information either.