Best way to book Princess, Please

let's go cruising

On 8/9/2022 at 1:44 PM, let's go cruising said:

Hi! I have never cruised on Princess, but they are my Mother (80) favorite. She would like to book a solo cruise for this coming winter. What is the best way to book a cruise for Princess? A private travel agent, Princess or does Princess have PVP like Carnival? She has always gone to AAA, but they were rude when she went to her new local AAA and her old agent isn't returning her phone call. 

I one of the people who think she should book with Princess directly with vacation planner.  You know I am price sensitive now, watching prices, transferring to T.A. Within 60 days.  I am probably just a little older than you.  However I sure am hoping that by the time I am in my 80’s I will just go the easy route.  Who needs to play around with travel agents at that age.  Just have Princess planner and let your mother enjoy the whole process with no stress.  Book the cruise, get help with checkin etc. 

On 8/9/2022 at 8:11 PM, geoherb said:

I placed a hold on a cabin over the weekend and then contacted my most recent TA yesterday. She's able to get me the same rate as on the Princess website plus her agency is currently offering onboard credit that equals 14.5% of the cruise fare (before port fees and taxes, insurance, flights, etc.) 

Instead of onboard credit, wouldn’t you rather have that come off the price of the cruise.  That way the insurance is less also.  I use one of the TA’s I found on an online auction site.  It’s not quite 14% , but it’s close. I book with  Princess 1st then transfer it over to the TA.  I email Princess’s invoice to the TA, so the TA can see the price Princess is charging.  They always need to know the base fare Princess is charging.

When you are booking full suites, it really  helps.  They don’t charge cancellation fees.  

Edited by Ronnieslady