Wine Packages

In the past, we have purchased a 6 bottle wine package. Is this still being offered?  Does anyone have a link to selections and pricing?  It seems like supply chain issues may interfere with having particular bottles available. Might it be a good idea to have certain bottles put aside on the first day to assure we can get our preferred selections?

4 minutes ago, mom4mom said:

In the past, we have purchased a 6 bottle wine package. Is this still being offered?  Does anyone have a link to selections and pricing?  It seems like supply chain issues may interfere with having particular bottles available. Might it be a good idea to have certain bottles put aside on the first day to assure we can get our preferred selections?

Royal did away with the wine packages several

years ago, unfortunately. We took advantage of it often. 

I’m disappointed that we can no longer get wine packages. Thanks, footzz, for posting the extensive wine list. My husband will enjoy picking out a few bottles that probably won’t be available anyway😁

5 minutes ago, TRAVELBUGCRUISER said:

Is the rule that each passenger can bring 1 bottle of wine on board with them? Is wine the only option to bring on board? Thanks

I think it's 2 bottles per room.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, rudeney said:

That gets them close to grocery store prices here at home. 

Have you seen the price list for wine on board...even with the discount, it is closer to full retail at a restaurant when you add on the gratuities

2 minutes ago, athertbc said:

Have you seen the price list for wine on board...even with the discount, it is closer to full retail at a restaurant when you add on the gratuities

Yeah, I was looking at the menus on the app.  A bottle of Kendall Jackson Cabernet is listed at $42 per bottle.  With 40% off, that$25.50.  Around here, that bottle sells for about $24.59 at Publix (Alabama has one of the highest liquor taxes in the country).  So after the discount and gratuities, it would be $29.74 onboard, and after 10% sales tax, $27.05 at my local Publix.  Close, but of course still pricier on the ship even after the discount.  

27 minutes ago, rudeney said:

Yeah, I was looking at the menus on the app.  A bottle of Kendall Jackson Cabernet is listed at $42 per bottle.  With 40% off, that$25.50.  Around here, that bottle sells for about $24.59 at Publix (Alabama has one of the highest liquor taxes in the country).  So after the discount and gratuities, it would be $29.74 onboard, and after 10% sales tax, $27.05 at my local Publix.  Close, but of course still pricier on the ship even after the discount.  

Fair enough...I was looking at kim crawford and nobilo from Marlborough and they are asking $54 and $59 respectively. We can buy these wines for $14 CDN just about anywhere. Just a different perspective.

1 hour ago, athertbc said:

I know my wine prices and they had some excellent prices with the 40 percent off . Nowhere close to restaurants in my area. Giovanni’s had the best wine list on allure .