NCL Air Sea - Middle Name

bortman23

Does anyone have any experience with NCL Air Sea program? Our family of 6 is cruising in late Nov, and my brother and his GF's flights are book through NCL. The rest of us are traveling on points.

My brother missed the calls from our PCC to confirm his full name, and we are now past the final payment date. So the info NCL has for the flight is just his first/last, but his passport has his middle name. At first I wasn't worried, but now reading the NCL Air Sea page it says:

Name changes or corrections

All guests must provide their complete legal name exactly as it appears on their required travel documentation. If your full legal name(s) does not reflect correctly on your cruise confirmation, please contact Norwegian Cruise Line at 1800-327-7030 or your travel advisor immediately.

Failure to provide your correct complete legal name prior to final payment, will result in a nonrefundable change fee of $150. Flights booked without your complete legal name exactly as it appears on your required travel documentation may result in denial of boarding by the airline.

Should we be worried about his missing middle name? We're flying out of Toronto, and in the past I've never had any issues with updating my middle name while checking-in.

Any advice would be helpful!

1 hour ago, bortman23 said:

Does anyone have any experience with NCL Air Sea program? Our family of 6 is cruising in late Nov, and my brother and his GF's flights are book through NCL. The rest of us are traveling on points.

My brother missed the calls from our PCC to confirm his full name, and we are now past the final payment date. So the info NCL has for the flight is just his first/last, but his passport has his middle name. At first I wasn't worried, but now reading the NCL Air Sea page it says:

Name changes or corrections

All guests must provide their complete legal name exactly as it appears on their required travel documentation. If your full legal name(s) does not reflect correctly on your cruise confirmation, please contact Norwegian Cruise Line at 1800-327-7030 or your travel advisor immediately.

Failure to provide your correct complete legal name prior to final payment, will result in a nonrefundable change fee of $150. Flights booked without your complete legal name exactly as it appears on your required travel documentation may result in denial of boarding by the airline.

Should we be worried about his missing middle name? We're flying out of Toronto, and in the past I've never had any issues with updating my middle name while checking-in.

Any advice would be helpful!

I wouldn't be worried but if you are, contact TSA/Airline and have it resolved. 

I had my middle name missing from my airline ticket in the past without realizing it and it has never been an issue, but that is just my own experience and YMMV

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, aubreyc1988 said:

I had my middle name missing from my airline ticket in the past without realizing it and it has never been an issue, but that is just my own experience and YMMV

TY, Mirror's my experience. But I just wasn't sure if it could be an issue since NCl booked the tickets and not him directly with the airline.

Once the tickets are issued 30 days out I'll tell him to contact the airline...

59 minutes ago, bortman23 said:

TY, Mirror's my experience. But I just wasn't sure if it could be an issue since NCl booked the tickets and not him directly with the airline.

Once the tickets are issued 30 days out I'll tell him to contact the airline...

everything with NCL air is just like normal besides not picking the flight time. I was even able to pick my seats once the tickets were issued. There were free and paid options. But I think this can vary widely. But otherwise just like if you booked it yourself. 

It CAN be a hassle to change anything though. on my American Airlines account, it had my birthday wrong by a single day and took me months to correct it on my account. Because the birthday was wrong and they wouldn't let me edit it myself, I couldn't use my TSA precheck until it was fixed. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, aubreyc1988 said:

I am the same way, I travel all the time between Canada and the US and Canada and Europe.  I have my middle name on the passport but not on any of my airline tickets.  It is has never been a problem.

The issue tends to be if you have a nick name that is different than your passport.  Those abbreviated names tend to be specific to some cultures and not all that obvious in other countries.

Edited by em-sk

8 hours ago, bortman23 said:

No.  Not specific to NCL but a friend's name was incorrect on a recent trip to Europe (Latinos have two surnames and non-Latinos tend to screw it up.)  He was in a panic as he didn't notice until he was about to leave for the airport.  The check-in agent took one look, made the change on the system, and sent him on his way.  I would assume if the name is totally off it would be a problem but minor discrepancies are routinely fixed.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, em-sk said:

I am the same way, I travel all the time between Canada and the US and Canada and Europe.  I have my middle name on the passport but not on any of my airline tickets.  It is has never been a problem.

The issue tends to be if you have a nick name that is different than your passport.  Those abbreviated names tend to be specific to some cultures and not all that obvious in other countries.

Thank you, this was my suspicion. Appreciate it.

9 minutes ago, phillygwm said:

No.  Not specific to NCL but a friend's name was incorrect on a recent trip to Europe (Latinos have two surnames and non-Latinos tend to screw it up.)  He was in a panic as he didn't notice until he was about to leave for the airport.  The check-in agent took one look, made the change on the system, and sent him on his way.  I would assume if the name is totally off it would be a problem but minor discrepancies are routinely fixed.

TY! Yeah I had that feeling, but the wording on the NCL page made me start to worry!

@bortman23

Yeah I had that feeling, but the wording on the NCL page made me start to worry!

Join the long queue that has the same problem with almost all documents that NCL provides.  One of these days they are going to employ 50 proof-readers/cynics to check everything they send out!!!

• Haha 1

Just now, casofilia said:

@bortman23

Yeah I had that feeling, but the wording on the NCL page made me start to worry!

Join the long queue that has the same problem with almost all documents that NCL provides.  One of these days they are going to employ 50 proof-readers/cynics to check everything they send out!!!

Lol! I honestly don't mind scaring people a little; as someone who works partly with internal comms teams, sometimes you need to stress/scare people into action. You can say later "see we warned you it would be a problem if you didn't take action" 

In this case I worked myself up 🤣