Private Tour Companies in Ireland for Waterford, Dingle, and Killybegs

My husband and I just booked a cruise for next May 2023 on NCL Star that visits several ports in Ireland.  NCL doesn’t have any excursions yet, but I typically book private tours anyway to avoid the crowds.  I have been struggling to find companies that do cruise tailored tours to Waterford, Dingle, and Killybegs.  I know it’s a bit early, but I am also trying to convince other family members to join us on this cruise 🙂

Can anyone recommend things to do near by or tour companies?   Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

• 5 weeks later...

Since I'm researching two of those same ports for a cruise I plan to take in 2024, I don't think you're looking early at all. 😆

And, in all seriousness, the travel industry was in such disarray this summer (August 2022 cruise), many passengers on our HAL voyage found themselves unable to book any guided tours for some small ports. Everything was sold out. For that reason, being early is quite wise.

I've only done a land journey to Ireland (Dublin & Wexford) before, so no personal experience with this tour company, but I'm looking at them for Waterford in 2024.

https://boruadventuresireland.ie/tours/private-adventure-tours/full-day-private-tour-from-waterford-city/

I first found them on TripAdvisor, and they seem to have good reviews there, but I had to look up various locations to see more than a couple about any one excursion.

Hope that helps!

--willoL

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We're sailing the NCL Star May 21-31, 2023. I have a group of 24. These ports are going to be interesting to find/create tours. We're probably going to cab in to Waterford and tour the Viking Triangle since we arrive at 1330. 

As for Dingle, I'm going to contact a couple tour companies I booked in the past to see if they will meet us in Dingle to take us to Killarney, Slea Head, Inch, etc. We will have room on that coach for others and if they agree to do it, I will share the info.

As for Killybegs, I'm going to ask them for that one, too, although because of distance , I am doubtful they'll do it. But I know some of what we want. We may just have to break up into taxis and hire them by the hour.

• 3 weeks later...

When we were in KIllybegs, there was a tour available with the tourist bureau.  We went to the cliffs - it was amazing.  Moya was a great guide.  It’s a bus - not “private” but a lot of our roll call went and we loved it.

I checked for the fun of it and it looks like they still offer it - https://www.killybegs.ie/donegal-tourism/hidden-gems-on-the-edge/

Afterwards, for those that wanted she offered us a transfer to the city for my sightseeing (on our own) and back.  I think the cost was around 10/20 euros for that - it’s not listed on their site.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

For the killybegs stop I know a former park ranger who does guided walks. You’ll find him on Twitter and mastodon as well as his website https://www.cormacscoast.com/

He does both county Clare and county Donegal tours, if you follow him on Twitter you’ll see the unexpected incredible stuff he finds on his coastal walks. He used to be one of the rangers at the Cliffs of Moher in Clare but is originally from Donegal hence why he does both counties.  

• 3 months later...
On 11/9/2022 at 1:13 AM, cruisin zonies said:

We're sailing the NCL Star May 21-31, 2023. I have a group of 24. These ports are going to be interesting to find/create tours. We're probably going to cab in to Waterford and tour the Viking Triangle since we arrive at 1330. 

As for Dingle, I'm going to contact a couple tour companies I booked in the past to see if they will meet us in Dingle to take us to Killarney, Slea Head, Inch, etc. We will have room on that coach for others and if they agree to do it, I will share the info.

As for Killybegs, I'm going to ask them for that one, too, although because of distance , I am doubtful they'll do it. But I know some of what we want. We may just have to break up into taxis and hire them by the hour.

Any open spots for your Dingle or Killybegs for group of 4? Thanks