Kudos to Princess

USCcruisecrazy

I read a lot of negative things on this site about Princess and being able to speak with someone.  Or complaints about it taking forever to receive refunds.  Therefore, I want to make a positive post with kudos for Princess.  Unfortunately, due to a family issue with an aging member, we had to cancel a 10 day Southern Caribbean scheduled for 8-18 January.  It took me 2 minutes to get someone on the Live Chat.  It took 5 minutes maximum to cover all options and confirm what I needed to confirm.  Then it took about 5 days to receive a full refund on not just my deposit, but also the monies spent on excursions.  Well done Princess!!!   

• Like 6
  • Thanks 6

Thanks for sharing....we had a similar and very  positive interaction with a live chat agent recently....(once I found "live chat " box on the webpage!     we hope your family member is doing well....

also hoping my Gators beat your Gamecocks!

1 minute ago, tml1230 said:

Thanks for sharing....we had a similar and very  positive interaction with a live chat agent recently....(once I found "live chat " box on the webpage!     we hope your family member is doing well....

also hoping my Gators beat your Gamecocks!

Thanks for the kind words...I will pass that along.  May the best team win...unless it's FL!  🙂 

12 minutes ago, Coral said:

Cancelling before final payment is entirely different than cancelling after! Much easier.

I couldn't tell if this was 8-18 (August) or January......

Doesn’t make a difference.  It was still a smooth transaction.   
everyone complains about the wait times and forgets to use the chat feature.  
move used it many times and nothing but a smooth service.    
mused it for shareholders issues.  
port issues. And a few other things.   
was simple and easy.   
It’s clearly 8-18 January.  A 10 day cruise. 

3 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

Doesn’t make a difference.  It was still a smooth transaction.   
everyone complains about the wait times and forgets to use the chat feature.  
move used it many times and nothing but a smooth service.    
mused it for shareholders issues.  
port issues. And a few other things.   
was simple and easy.   
It’s clearly 8-18 January.  A 10 day cruise. 

It does make a huge difference when cancelling a cruise. If you are after final payment - it becomes much more complicated!!

Got the dates now January 8-18. It is much easier to cancel before final payment.

Edited by Coral

5 minutes ago, Coral said:

It does make a huge difference when cancelling a cruise. If you are after final payment - it becomes much more complicated!!

Got the dates now January 8-18. It is much easier to cancel before final payment.

This post is more about being able to contact princess.   Not weather it’s hard or easy or complicated to get a refund.  
But I guess she did add in about refund times. 

Edited by Ptroxx

1 minute ago, Ptroxx said:

This post is more about being able to contact princess.   Not weather it’s hard or easy or complicated to get a refund.  

Yes, the point was that using the chat feature the process was quick and easy.  Just felt like too many times Princess employees get chastised and I wanted to give them some props. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, USCcruisecrazy said:

Yes, the point was that using the chat feature the process was quick and easy.  Just felt like too many times Princess employees get chastised and I wanted to give them some props. 

I agree 1000%.  I’ve used it multiple times            And it’s a great feature.     

• Like 3