Woody's Bar and Restaurant

chaching

I was there last week.  Took a Taxi there from Dockyard.  It was about a 5 minute ride and cost about $15 I think.  The wait for 1 fish sandwich was 45 minutes.  After the shock of that we saddled up to their outside bar and had an awesome time.
We were told any empty taxi heading back to Dockyard would pick us up.  They all passed us.  We walked back.  Took about 30 minutes.  The walk was amazing because of the views and the option to stop and take it al in.  If you have a bus pass there are plenty of bus stops along the way too.  There is one at Woody's also.

• Thanks 2

Probably the way to get a taxi back from there is if one has dropped off or prearranged, call the taxi company or use the Hitch app. Those passing taxis must have been occupied. Two bus routes #7 and 8 so a bus would have come eventually. Just need a token or $5 exact change. Don't have to have a pass. Tokens are $4.50. If I had not planned ahead and I didn’t have a token I would have gotten change from Woodys.  

Edited by Charles4515

On 8/13/2022 at 8:22 AM, Charles4515 said:

Probably the way to get a taxi back from there is if one has dropped off or prearranged, call the taxi company or use the Hitch app. Those passing taxis must have been occupied. Two bus routes #7 and 8 so a bus would have come eventually. Just need a token or $5 exact change. Don't have to have a pass. Tokens are $4.50. If I had not planned ahead and I didn’t have a token I would have gotten change from Woodys.  

In my case, not all Taxis were occupied.  There were at least 5-7 empty vehicles that passed us.  Even empty taxis going the opposite way would not turn around to get us as we hailed them.  We had no tokens nor exact change for the bus as we planned on a taxi and we were way to far along before we realized we were walking the entire way

It is an enjoyable walk I would have no problem doing again.. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cram33 said:

In my case, not all Taxis were occupied.  There were at least 5-7 empty vehicles that passed us.  Even empty taxis going the opposite way would not turn around to get us as we hailed them.  We had no tokens nor exact change for the bus as we planned on a taxi and we were way to far along before we realized we were walking the entire way

It is an enjoyable walk I would have no problem doing again.. 

That is weird. II have flagged down taxis with no problem. Also have been walking and also waiting at bus stops and taxis stopped unsolicited and asked if we wanted a ride.

As far as the walk were there sidewalks the entire way from Woody's? 

• Like 1

Some sidewalks, not all the way, but plenty of grass verges to step onto when traffic approaches. You do, of course, walk facing the oncoming traffic.

It's a beautiful walk, one of my favourites. All on the flat, wonderful views.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jollyjones said:

Some sidewalks, not all the way, but plenty of grass verges to step onto when traffic approaches. You do, of course, walk facing the oncoming traffic.

It's a beautiful walk, one of my favourites. All on the flat, wonderful views.

Thank you. I was wondering how safe it was. I would like to walk back. 

Edited by Charles4515

On 8/15/2022 at 9:03 AM, Charles4515 said:

Thank you. I was wondering how safe it was. I would like to walk back. 

At no point did I feel unsafe. One turn I remember waiting for no traffic before walking it a little briskly. I would walk it again if I had to.