Royal follow Carnival PLEASE!

15 minutes ago, Rusty_lock said:

That's essentially the same as Royal's.  Celebrity doesn't sail out of Galveston or NoLa so they don't list those but all the other rules they have are the same so far as I can tell.

USVI has no more requirements as well as San Juan.  What other common eastern port still has restrictions?  

1 minute ago, Rusty_lock said:

USVI has no more requirements as well as San Juan.  What other common eastern port still has restrictions?  

I think Bermuda and turks are the only main still requiring which could easily be handled the way grand cayman is 

7 minutes ago, Finnsmom13 said:

I think Bermuda and turks are the only main still requiring which could easily be handled the way grand cayman is 

I couldn't find a Turks and Caicos Islands intinerary.  That leaves only Bermuda then.  Handle Bermuda like they are with Canada.  Only those cruises require testing and vaccines and lets get it opened up across the US.  🙂 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rusty_lock said:

I couldn't find a Turks and Caicos Islands intinerary.  That leaves only Bermuda then.  Handle Bermuda like they are with Canada.  Only those cruises require testing and vaccines and lets get it opened up across the US.  🙂 

Antigua I missed initially but again handle like grand cayman, anyone unvax remains on board 

Anything including Bermuda is restricted until they drop the mandate 

39 minutes ago, Rusty_lock said:

That's essentially the same as Royal's.  Celebrity doesn't sail out of Galveston or NoLa so they don't list those but all the other rules they have are the same so far as I can tell.

Not sure about others, but they are not the same for Europe sailings. Celebrity no longer requires testing. Royal does. 

1 minute ago, Finnsmom13 said:

I didn't realize they had different rules for cruises

How stupid 

Always have, and before the discussion turns to "un-vaxed can stay on board like they do in Cayman"; the Bahamian policy states that this is not an option, and they will disallow then entire ship from docking. 

3 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Always have, and before the discussion turns to "un-vaxed can stay on board like they do in Cayman"; the Bahamian policy states that this is not an option, and they will disallow then entire ship from docking. 

Which makes it even more ridiculous that thousands can fly in regardless of status but can't sit on a ship in the dock

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

BAHAMAS

While not official. 

1980257270_ScreenShot2022-08-17at8_14_54AM.thumb.png.76da4e1ede61afde0679a56f7715f582.png

This is a chat I had with one of their agents.  The implication is that the cruise portion of the website has been superseded by the changes to the main section dated June 19/22 and the cruise portion is just not deleted.  Like I said not official but that is certainly the implication.

I posted this on another thread that is now locked.  Hopefully people can behave and keep this one open.

On 8/14/2022 at 7:13 PM, Starry Eyes said:

Summer cruises are sailing full.  What happens in fall when the kids are back in school, hurricane season is at/near it’s peak, and competitor are not requiring tests?  Will they still be full without major fare cuts?  🤷‍♀️ 

Starry Eyes ;

I can tell you what is currently happenning with those fall cruises you are speaking of .I am booked for Sept.24 , and Oct.1 , and I think I can safely guarantee you by the amount of times I have called in for price matching due to falling fares since the time I booked , that they are definitely not at full capacity.

The prices I have now are the cheapest I have ever had on both sailings... That doesnt happen when you're 'sailing full' as was stated ! 

I was even fortunate enough to price match the Oct sailing,( that wasn't supposed to be eligible ) ,by $450 .

On 8/14/2022 at 10:44 PM, ReneeFLL said:

I’m not saying everyone is or should be loyal to Royal. What I find silly is if someone finds a cruise they like that they won’t take it because of some very simple test. To each their own. I know I won’t let a simple test stop me from a not taking a cruise with Royal or any other company and I certainly would NEVER take a cruise on a cruise line that I hated.

Renee;

It's notable when you say that it is "some very simple test" to point out that you are living in FLL. When you aren't as fortunate and have to

A)fly 1000's of miles 

B)usually 2 days ahead of cruise

C)have extra hassle and expense to get your family of 4 (or more) to the appointment.... which can easily be missed due to travel delays etc. 

D)hope beyond hope the whole time that noone gets what could even be a false positive !! that Ruins your maybe once in a lifetime vacation . 

This "very simple test" you speak of can bring a ton of stress and possibly Totally ruin months of planning

Clearly you haven't thought this through from anyone elses viewpoint or than your own narrow minded one

Cheers

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 8/16/2022 at 7:26 PM, justKirbo said:

We are sailing in about three weeks to Alaska and have to test. We don't want to test positive so we'll be masking for sure for the two weeks prior. I work in the schools, so it'll be rampant there and we'll be as cautious as possible leading up to the cruise. 

I'm good with testing. Honestly, I caught something nasty on a previous cruise and wish testing for other crud were possible since folks don't mind sharing their germs.

Seriously.... You really don't see the lunacy of that statement ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/14/2022 at 9:34 PM, smokeybandit said:

As I mentioned above, not everyone is loyal to a cruise line.

And the CDC has now admitted that asymptomatic people shouldn't be testing  just for the heck of it.

This 

This is so troubling 

"CDC has now admitted" implies that somehow they knew it upfront 

Time to watch more than one channel 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LobsterStalker said:

Renee;

It's notable when you say that it is "some very simple test" to point out that you are living in FLL. When you aren't as fortunate and have to

A)fly 1000's of miles 

B)usually 2 days ahead of cruise

C)have extra hassle and expense to get your family of 4 (or more) to the appointment.... which can easily be missed due to travel delays etc. 

D)hope beyond hope the whole time that noone gets what could even be a false positive !! that Ruins your maybe once in a lifetime vacation . 

This "very simple test" you speak of can bring a ton of stress and possibly Totally ruin months of planning

Clearly you haven't thought this through from anyone elses viewpoint or than your own narrow minded one

Cheers

Issues on hand are no where as daunting as you seem to make out 

First of all, if they are, maybe best to wait out until situation improves to your likings (just matter of time as it soon will)

False positive antigen tests are very rare and if that happens, nothing stops from doing a second kit.  Test kits are free and all it costs in those rare cases is about 15 USD monitoring fee 

Only people who are genuinely concerned are whose lifestyle choices lend to higher chances of them testing positive 

Personally, I think current testing protocol are not that effective.  

But cruise companies are maintaining then not due any public health or govt regulation reasons at this juncture obviously.   They will stop/modify protocol whenever their internal PR/legal/marketing department gives feedback to that effect. 

On 8/15/2022 at 9:51 PM, Lane Hog said:

$127 per test is the going rate at CVS/Walgreens.  

Why wud you test at CVS.

PCR tests are no longer needed for many months now 

Tests are free.

Monitored testing is 15 USD

Home testing is lot less hassel than going through TSA line or even effort to do online checking 

But this is not about any cost or effort involved, correct? 

On 8/17/2022 at 2:00 PM, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

She is not required to get the vaccine but is required to get the test.

That would be fine!!  But when I called RC, they stated that vaccine is still required at this point.  We sail out of Miami.