Cabins set aside for three or more guests

groundloop

There's a possibility that my grandson and his fiancé may want to join us on an upcoming cruise.  I just did a mock booking to check cabin availability and Carnival is telling me that they don't have any balcony cabins available for just two people but that there are several available if there were three guests.  

Is it possible to get Carnival to sell one of those cabins to a couple?  What would happen if a three person cabin were booked with two names plus a TBD and the TBD either never did online check-in or else was a no show?

6 minutes ago, groundloop said:

There's a possibility that my grandson and his fiancé may want to join us on an upcoming cruise.  I just did a mock booking to check cabin availability and Carnival is telling me that they don't have any balcony cabins available for just two people but that there are several available if there were three guests.  

Is it possible to get Carnival to sell one of those cabins to a couple?  What would happen if a three person cabin were booked with two names plus a TBD and the TBD either never did online check-in or else was a no show?

They don't usually sell the higher capacity cabins to couples until closer to the sail date if they remain unsold.

If you booked with three in the cabin and only two ever went, then you've wasted the third persons fare. It's up to you if that's worth it.