Hellesylt

Vampiress88

Ok so im getting confused and it doesn’t take much. 

If it says Hellesylt port 8am-5pm then I expected it to be just that. 
Yet I have read other places

Often, both Norwegian cruise ports Hellesylt and Geiranger are itinerary-connected. The ship stops for a few hours at one of them to offload (tender) cruise passengers with booked tours there. At the other port, the ship docks to stay longer. 

So now I don’t know where I am going. Paperwork only says Hellesylt. My eldest is turning 8 that day and she wants to plan. 

If you are on Iona then you will only berth at Hellesylt. Originally she was going to offload pax at Hellesylt for excursions and then continue to Geiranger and dock there the rest of the day. Sadly, Iona is unable to dock at Geiranger so all the calls there have been cancelled. There is much discussion about this on other threads.

4 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

This one isn’t on iona. 
but I do have geiranger on iona in April- if they have change that I’m sure they will eventually tell me 

So which ship are you on and when is it?

5 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

This one isn’t on iona. 
but I do have geiranger on iona in April- if they have change that I’m sure they will eventually tell me 

I may stand corrected ,but believe Gerainger has been removed from all Iona's ports next year, and did hear that one of p and O's ships didn't make Norway recently due to bad weather , but for the life of me I cant remember which one it was  

• Like 1

On 8/16/2022 at 4:10 PM, gsmt47471015 said:

I may stand corrected ,but believe Gerainger has been removed from all Iona's ports next year, and did hear that one of p and O's ships didn't make Norway recently due to bad weather , but for the life of me I cant remember which one it was  

Arcadia.

On 8/16/2022 at 4:10 PM, gsmt47471015 said:

I have just booked for August next year and it says Gerainger is a stop but cruising only. 

aka won’t dock, will just float and chill for scenery for a few hours!

4 hours ago, gteach said:

I have just booked for August next year and it says Gerainger is a stop but cruising only. 

Hope it works out for you ,however the majority this year have failed to make it

6 hours ago, gteach said:

I think it will be docking at Hellyslt for the day as it did this year. The Geiranger cruising bit is the cruise towards Geiranger to see the Seven sisters Waterfall. You don't see Geiranger then it is off back down the fjord to the sea.