World Wings Tours

colliercruiser

We are taking the Summit on the Oct 3 NE/Canada sailing, and I've been looking at the excursions on the Celebrity website (Cruise Planner).  Many tours are labeled as "World Wings" tours and, in the fine print, it says you have to be member of the World Wings group.  If not, you will be refunded the tour's cost.

Does anyone know about these tours?  Are they really limited to World Wings "group" members and not open to other cruise guests?  Seems odd to have them listed in the Cruise Planner, but with the "fine print" caveat.

World Wing is a philanthropic organization and a google search indicates that are holding their 53rd 

Annual Convention on the Summit from Oct 3 - Oct 15th.  So apparently those excursions are only for those attending the convention.  I couldn't get a indication of the size of the group but since they are posting excursions exclusively for that group it must be a decent size.  

Sounds as if World Wings is a group that has booked that cruise. Did a quick check, and there are a number of “world wings” such as former PanAm stewardesses, a travel organization, and a financial group.

those tours are for their group only….apparently. 

Den

Ha! When I saw there was an ‘International World Wings’ org that is the PanAm Flight Attendants, I though Wow, Flight Attendants Can Be Fun!!….then I realized being PanAm, they are probably more my ‘generation’….still fun, but the ‘fun’ ends closer to 9pm….

Den

• Haha 4

Here’s the web site for the World Wings convention/cruise.  Obviously a private group (as described above) booked on the OP’s Summit cruise. 

https://worldwingsinternational.net/cruise2022/

If you look at their schedule, there are several events they are having in the Sky Lounge, which I assume will be closed to other guests during those times. 

Edited by Turtles06

Thanks for this! I've had an excursion 'system cancelled' three times and no one could tell me why.

Today, I was able to book a non-World Wings version off the same excursion (first time it was available), so I'm hopeful this one sticks.

• 2 weeks later...

We are Bob and Tish from the greater Nashville, TN area. Tish was a PanAm way back when flying was actually fun.

Tish is a member of the World Wings Atlanta chapter, and many members of that chapter are cruising.