Miami Port to Fort Lauderdale Port with excursion

Rustyman

Hi, we’re on a cruise to Miami from UK and on the day we get off at Miami are sailing from Fort Lauderdale. If we Uber it to Fll we’ll arrive too early for our 2nd cruise and I was wondering if there are any excursions ie via the Everglades that would take our luggage and drop us at Fll cruise port? Excursion wouldn’t have to be Everglades, any other ideas welcomed.

48 minutes ago, Rustyman said:

If we Uber it to Fll we’ll arrive too early for our 2nd cruise and I was wondering if there are any excursions ie via the Everglades that would take our luggage and drop us at Fll cruise port?

In Miami, if you are among the last to disembark, while you may be a bit early for check-in, it shouldn't be by much.  Asking the driver to take you to Port Everglades by US 1 and not by I-95 will also take more time and will be a bit more scenic than I-95 would be.  (it will take about 45-60 minutes to get between the two ports on US 1.)  

There may be some tour/transfer companies in Miami that would offer a short tour between the two cities.  As suggested, the cruise line may offer a transfer and excursion from the port to FLL.   But, once at FLL, you would need to get a taxi to the port and, if my memory is correct, the area where taxis depart is not the precise area where they arrive.  (I hope someone will correct me if I am wrong.)  

9 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

In Miami, if you are among the last to disembark, while you may be a bit early for check-in, it shouldn't be by much.  Asking the driver to take you to Port Everglades by US 1 and not by I-95 will also take more time and will be a bit more scenic than I-95 would be.  (it will take about 45-60 minutes to get between the two ports on US 1.)  

There may be some tour/transfer companies in Miami that would offer a short tour between the two cities.  As suggested, the cruise line may offer a transfer and excursion from the port to FLL.   But, once at FLL, you would need to get a taxi to the port and, if my memory is correct, the area where taxis depart is not the precise area where they arrive.  (I hope someone will correct me if I am wrong.)  

Thanks. Any idea what an Uber or taxi would cost from port to port? I can’t see this online.

8 minutes ago, Rustyman said:

Thanks. Any idea what an Uber or taxi would cost from port to port? I can’t see this online.

No, I don't.  The one time I did such a transfer, I was driving my own car.  Maybe a private car service could be helpful?  They might be more inexpensive than a taxi.  

Just so you’re aware- if your Port Everglades ship is docked at 1, 2, or 3, there is a Walgreen’s that is decently walkable. If you are on a HAL or Celebrity ship, you are likely to be at a pier that is NOT a convenient or particularly safe walk to any retail shops. 

There is a large grocery store, liquor/wine shop, and other retail stores about 3 blocks to the west of the Walgreen’s.

21 hours ago, Rustyman said:

Taxi will be about $75+ on the meter.  UberX or standard Lyft should be about $50+ (but surge pricing may bump up the price - waiting until later to get off your first ship should help with the pricing).

If this helps you owe me a pint - whatever bitter your local pours will be fine! 😎

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, FOPMan said:

Just so you’re aware- if your Port Everglades ship is docked at 1, 2, or 3, there is a Walgreen’s that is decently walkable. The terminals within walking distance of Walgreens are numbered 2 and 4 (even through they are right next to each other) and Terminal 2 is for Princess ships.  When Princess has a second ship in port it frequently docks at Terminal 4 but that terminal is also used for other lines. If you are on a HAL or Celebrity ship, you are likely to be at a pier that is NOT a convenient or particularly safe walk to any retail shops. See the port map at www.porteverglades.net for more information on terminal locations.

There is a large grocery store, liquor/wine shop, and other retail stores about 3 blocks to the west of the Walgreen’s. The name of the shopping area is Harbor Shops and is behind the Embassy Suites Hotel. http://www.theharborshops.com/map.aspx

See notes in red.

6 hours ago, Rustyman said:

We’re on Celebrity so possibly beyond walking distance.

Which ship is it?  I've occasionally seen one of their older ships docked at terminal 4 but the newer ones (Edge and Apex) are docked at 'the Celebrity' terminal #25 (https://www.porteverglades.net/cruise/cruise-terminals/terminal-25/). 

29 minutes ago, Rustyman said:

It’s Equinox, 3 November.

I looked it up on the Ship Schedule on the Port Everglade's website:  right now you are scheduled at terminal 25.

Status            Start Time                 Type             Ship                          From          To

Scheduled     11/03/2022 07:00    ARR    CELEBRITY EQUINOX   SEA BUOY    25

It’s not particularly fun to walk inside the port. There is a lot of vehicle traffic and there are not always sidewalks (though it’s gotten better).

25 is about as far away from a port entrance as is publicly accessible. 

There are more diverse shopping options on 17th Street (Eisenhower Avenue port entrance) than on State Road 84 or that part of US1/Federal Highway.

If you were ubering, and early, you might consider a late redirection to 15th Street Fisheries Dockside and have a drink or bite on the Intercostal waterway, feed the tarpon, and look at the yachts and boats float by. It’s less than 6 minutes from the entrance to Port Everglades and is literally 2 blocks immediately north of the port entrance.

It opens @ 11:30. https://www.15streetfisheries.com/dockside

Here is a great option:   Have Wild Lime Adventures pick you up at the POM, take you on their part day tour (#1 on their website) and drop you off at Port Everglades.  Great value and great idea to use a tour as a transfer as well.

38 minutes ago, FLLconcierge said:

Here is a great option:   Have Wild Lime Adventures pick you up at the POM, take you on their part day tour (#1 on their website) and drop you off at Port Everglades.  Great value and great idea to use a tour as a transfer as well.

Thank you, I’ll look into this.