ship time vs Island time anyone sailed to Bonaire recently?

beauty1492

On carnival Majic march 1 2023. Interary says dock at 8am. want to book independent tour at 9am. but if the ship does change to AST from Florida time EST. we will be late and miss the tour. Does anyone have any infor for me? I check the port times in Bonaire they say she docks at 8. But I have never know a Carnival ship to change times

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cruisin from vegas said:

I was on the Horizon two weeks ago.  With Stops in Aruba, Bonaire and D.R,   All these ports are Eastern time.  The ship never changed time the whole cruise, ship time matched all the ports.   It was great!!  

thank you unforntunely in March, we will not have changed to EDT yet and still be on EST one hour behind Bonaire which is always AST. When I look at review there are some from early in year that say tour operator did wait for them. Im guessing, they were on EST ship time and got off too late.

• Like 1

OK depending on the  line weather change clocks to local time. I know Princess does change to local. I wasnt sure about Carnival in the past they did not, hence the question Which now a moot point since we are renting gold carts

I was in Bonaire in February on the Horizon. Ship kept Eastern Standard Time the whole trip, even though local time was Atlantic Standard (one hour ahead).

Keep in mind Bonaire does not observe DST, so it is possible for ship's time to match local time for part of the year.

• 1 year later...

Resurrecting this topic as we are going to Bonaire in February of 2024 with a non-ship excursion and I too looked into time change and Bonaire being on AST and Ship on EST they would be an hour ahead.  I even emailed the tour operator who merely said don't worry we are a laid back island.  But I don't think she understood my question.  I specifically said is excursion xyz local time?  I think we need to get off as soon as ship ports just to be sure.  I have read on other threads sometimes the ship will change clocks but it is up to the captain.  We did that with a west coast Mexican Riviera cruise

Bonaire's cruise port schedule is here:

https://infobonaire.com/getting-to-bonaire/cruises/

If I looked at it correctly, every time a Carnival cruise ship is there, it's the only one in port.  If your tour calls itself a "cruise excursion", it will have no choice but to wait for you and anyone else on the ship that booked it.

It might be helpful to contact the tour company again and explain the situation.  You should be able to confirm any time difference once you are onboard (at Guest Services, and I believe it is mentioned in the Hub app) and still follow up with them once you find out.

• Like 2