Smart Scoot not holding a charge

mamaofami

I purchased a Smart Scoot right before the pandemic. I used it that spring and summer and then it’s been in my garage . I couldn’t find my charger so we ordered a new one. The scooter doesn’t hold the charge. I changed the outlet, charged the charger and after a good amount of time, when turned on all the lights on the scoot still show red, not green. The scoot store said maybe I need a new battery and they were going to find out why the lights were red. I’m afraid to use it for fear I will get somewhere and not be able to get it home. It has been more than two years but haven’t charged it anywhere near the 300 charges it says it should last for.

I just got a new charger for my Travelscoot because the one that came with it (about one year ago) was faulty.   Travelscoot sent me a new one because it was under the 2 year warranty.   Your problem might be the new charger?   (  you should contact the people who sold it to you and see what they can suggest to try to figure out the problem.)

21 hours ago, mamaofami said:

I purchased a Smart Scoot right before the pandemic. I used it that spring and summer and then it’s been in my garage . I couldn’t find my charger so we ordered a new one. The scooter doesn’t hold the charge. I changed the outlet, charged the charger and after a good amount of time, when turned on all the lights on the scoot still show red, not green. The scoot store said maybe I need a new battery and they were going to find out why the lights were red. I’m afraid to use it for fear I will get somewhere and not be able to get it home. It has been more than two years but haven’t charged it anywhere near the 300 charges it says it should last for.

depending on the type of battery you may have simply left it too long without charging.

• 3 weeks later...

Batteries create a memory and won’t charge beyond that point. You should have charged it throughout the pandemic.

you need to fully charge it and then make sure you use all the charge, so the next time it fully charges again. Try to start each use with it fully charged.