San Francisco Cruise Terminal

HB.Blake

Does anyone know the boarding start time for Alaska and the last boarding time? Driving up from Socal.

I was told there is a parking garage at the terminal for $20 per day so that's not terrible for a 10 day cruise.

Double check about that parking.  My friend works at Pier 27 and she told me there is no public parking at the terminal.  There are a couple a few blocks away.  Check Cruise Critic West Coast Departures Forum and/or Google for the names of the parking garages.

Here's a start- I have no personal experience with it though

Parking in San Francisco | ABM Parking | Reserve Discounted Parking (parkabm.com)

Have a great cruise to Alaska!

Edited by oakridger
Added info
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We've used the ABM parking once in the past and it worked well for us.  The parking is on the roof of the parking garage. You do have to reserve well in advance (like a month or more).  It's just a couple short blocks away but in an area with some really confusing streets. Using Google maps with driving instructions and a little patience isn't a bad idea. We'll be using this again in October.

• Like 1

I booked ABM parking about a month ago. You reserve it through their website ( mentioned in oakridger's comment) ABM will then call you to confirm if it is available. From what I understand it is hard to get parking. So the sooner the better. 

There is parkwhiz.com also that will have garages/lots that are in the area. 

Good luck. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, clueless2 said:

How's luggage work on BART?  We'll have one checked bag and two carry-ons. 

We've never had an issue.

https://bartable.bart.gov/latest-news/how-ride-bart-airport

We don't leave in prime commuter time, so no issues in two people taking up three seats . Some cars have spaces where bikes go and you can put your luggage there. We usually have two cruise size bags (the kind on 4 rollers) and carry-on.

• Thanks 1

We have a Sept. cruise and have booked a SFO hotel parking, then to BART from SFO to downtown and walk to terminal. With 2 suitcases that are carry on size it works well as we have done this before, any big luggage and its not easy. We also have parked at a BART station long term, it was good  then, but crime has been a BART issue more in the past few years so use care where you park and your location.

On 8/22/2022 at 5:22 PM, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

I doubt you will find parking close to the port for $20 probably more like $40.  If you want cheap parking do one of the SFO off site lots and get an Uber or BART into downtown.  

It's costing us $20/day through ABM for a one week cruise at the beginning of Oct.  You do have to prepay.  We also did this pre-c ovid and it worked well. 

5 hours ago, SactoSteve said:

It's costing us $20/day through ABM for a one week cruise at the beginning of Oct.  You do have to prepay.  We also did this pre-c ovid and it worked well. 

That's scary cheap for San Francisco.  Five years ago I was prepaying $35 by the port.  

1 hour ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

That's scary cheap for San Francisco.  Five years ago I was prepaying $35 by the port.  

i understand your skepticism.  The last time we used this location, I was skeptical but it turned out great. The first couple floors of the garage appeared to be office parking and the roof was longer term (not daily) parking with very good visibility. Last time around other parking in this area was more in that $30 to $40 per day range, too. We'll see how it goes.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...