Celebrity Suites compared to HAL Suites

rover16

We have sailed with Celebrity a few times, but never in a suite. We have, however, sailed wit HAL in their Neptune Suite a couple of times. Aside from the Neptune Lounge, how do Celebrity suites compare to HAL in terms of  price, space and service?

Big difference in lounge is it has no real drinks , just soft drinks , no suite restaurant at least on our last cruise and no outdoor retreat. Only thing extra was a breakfast in a specialty restaurant, this was about ten years ago , things may have changed. As for the space that depends on which celebrity suite , I would think it is close to there celebrity suite. 

“Celebrity” Suites (comparable to Neptune)are of modernistic design, brighter neutral colors. About same size although bedroom is separate. The benefits that come with Celebrity are so much better and comprehensive… including suites restaurant, and ‘true’ lounge.  Overall, Celebrity product much superior

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SVBing said:

“Celebrity” Suites (comparable to Neptune)are of modernistic design, brighter neutral colors. About same size although bedroom is separate. The benefits that come with Celebrity are so much better and comprehensive… including suites restaurant, and ‘true’ lounge.  Overall, Celebrity product much superior

I think the Celebrity Suite is far superior to a Neptune suite which is only one fairly large room.  Not only a separate bedroom, but 2 separate entrances into the bathroom, so no one need be disturbed if more than 2 are occupying the room.  2 large flat screen TV's one in the bedroom, one in the living room. The balcony is far larger, especially on the S class hump cabin CS's.  Walk in closet on the S class, full dining area with table and chairs on the M class. 

We were in a Neptune Suite on our one HAL cruise, I think it compares far closer to a Junior Suite on Royal, although it does not have the walk in closet that the JS has.

And as you said the perks FAR outweigh what you get in a Neptune Suite.  Luminae, the Suite restaurant and Michael's(or now called the Retreat) Lounge are wonderful.  I will say the HAL now has "Club Orange" which is a separate dining area that Neptunes have access to, but can also be accessed by anyone willing to pay the up charge.  

HAL itineraries are however FAR more varied than Celebrity, which is really too bad as we love the Celebrity brand.  

• Like 2

Thanks everyone. I will seriously look at a Celebrity suite for my next cruise. I have also agree with Gracie115  that HAL seems to offer a bigger variety of itineraies. But maybe I can find one on Celebrity that works.

• Like 1

The fact is the Neptune Suite is far far better than any mini-suite, far better than the Sky Suite we had on the Reflection in April. The cabin size is perfect for 2, the bed, linens, coffee maker, and bathroom (two entrances on some) are far superior to that of Celebrity's Sky Suite. We loved free unlimited laundry, pressing, and dry cleaning. Neptune Lounge was a very nice place to relax. As for Celebrity...My wife loved Luminae for me other than the smaller dining room it was nothing special I prefer Blu. Michales Club was great but is it worth the extra cost of a sky suite?
All my future cruises will be on Edge Class ships when possible just got back from the Edge and wow what a ship. Canceled my Zuderdam TA (Neptune Suite) and booked the Apex, just an AQ stateroom.

1 hour ago, southernbreezes said:
The fact is the Neptune Suite is far far better than any mini-suite, far better than the Sky Suite we had on the Reflection in April. The cabin size is perfect for 2, the bed, linens, coffee maker, and bathroom (two entrances on some) are far superior to that of Celebrity's Sky Suite. We loved free unlimited laundry, pressing, and dry cleaning. Neptune Lounge was a very nice place to relax. As for Celebrity...My wife loved Luminae for me other than the smaller dining room it was nothing special I prefer Blu. Michales Club was great but is it worth the extra cost of a sky suite?
All my future cruises will be on Edge Class ships when possible just got back from the Edge and wow what a ship. Canceled my Zuderdam TA (Neptune Suite) and booked the Apex, just an AQ stateroom.

I do agree that the Neptune is better than the Celebrity Sky Suite as far as the room is concerned. All other suites on Celebrity are much better than any Neptune. The perks you receive from Celebrity are far superior.   The Neptune lounge really added nothing to our experience, unlike Michael's(now the Retreat lounge)which offers free adult beverages all day and evening, occasionally brought in live music and on our last X cruise had the BEST daily trivia challenge we've ever had.  The laundry perk in a Neptune is nice I agree.  We are Elite Plus on X so receive some good laundry deals.  

We also like Aqua but on the Edge class that means the "window" balcony and we really don't like that option.