A special meal

Mauzac

My husband and I are doing our longest cruise embarking in just over a month and so looking forward to it, despite the massive changes to the itinerary.

Whilst we are on board, it is both our birthdays 6 days apart.  We both love Indian food and would like to celebrate our birthdays with a special meal indulging our tastebuds with Indian cuisine, and maybe ask anyone we have met onboard who might like to join us.

My questions are... who should I approach about this?  How much notice should we give?  Would this be normal to have in the MDR or the Colonnade?  We are not fussed when we have it, probably in between both our birthdays as we have TK Grill booked for one of them.

I'm just not sure how to arrange this.

Thanks in advance 😊

Am I correct in thinking that the Colonnade has 'theme nights' and that Indian is one of them? 

An opinion. Ask If the chef will prepare it as if it were for an Indian ... not prepare it as they think is suitable for a European  😁

We had this issue with our  chefs on Indian crewed ships. The pukka Indian food was a world away from what we would normally be served.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MBP&O2/O said:

Am I correct in thinking that the Colonnade has 'theme nights' and that Indian is one of them? 

An opinion. Ask If the chef will prepare it as if it were for an Indian ... not prepare it as they think is suitable for a European  😁

We had this issue with our  chefs on Indian crewed ships. The pukka Indian food was a world away from what we would normally be served.

Thank you.

Yes, they do an Indian Marketplace meal at the Colonnade, but the chances of it being near our birthdays are pretty remote!  It's always been on the last night of a cruise for us before.  

I know that passengers have had a special meal prepared for them so we thought we would give it a try!  Just not sure how to organise it.

I agree... we like spicy, no bland for us! 😂

We’re on the same cruise for the first 27 days.  
To answer your question, yes, it is very easy to request a special dinner in the main dining room.  Just ask your server to speak with the Food and Beverages Director.  He will come to your table within a few minutes.   Some requests can be accommodated in a day or two, but for a full specially themed dinner I would ask during your first week for a specific day.  The Chef enjoys preparing special dishes.  The Chef  may also come to your table to discuss options.  
I’m sure you will enjoy planning the dinner.

Looking forward to meeting you on board.

Anne Marie

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Cru Doll said:

We’re on the same cruise for the first 27 days.  
To answer your question, yes, it is very easy to request a special dinner in the main dining room.  Just ask your server to speak with the Food and Beverages Director.  He will come to your table within a few minutes.   Some requests can be accommodated in a day or two, but for a full specially themed dinner I would ask during your first week for a specific day.  The Chef enjoys preparing special dishes.  The Chef  may also come to your table to discuss options.  
I’m sure you will enjoy planning the dinner.

Looking forward to meeting you on board.

Anne Marie

Thank you, and look forward to meeting you too 😊

We have requested a special Indian meal onboard the Sojourn before.  We were asked if we would consider making it a party of 6 or 8 and we were happy to oblige.  We recently got off the Ovation where we spent 29 days and there was no Indian market during our cruise.   

• Like 1

Talk to the Maitre'd in either the Restaurant or the Colonade and they will be able to arrange for a special meal for you.  A special Indian cuisine meal is not a great stretch for them, so they should be able to do a good job and treat you right.  Special meals are supposed to be a regular thing on Seabourn, as long as you don't request ingredients that they don't have on board.  Bon appetite!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tv24 said:

Talk to the Maitre'd in either the Restaurant or the Colonade and they will be able to arrange for a special meal for you.  A special Indian cuisine meal is not a great stretch for them, so they should be able to do a good job and treat you right.  Special meals are supposed to be a regular thing on Seabourn, as long as you don't request ingredients that they don't have on board.  Bon appetite!

Thank you so much, we are planning already!  Hoping to find some other curry and Indian cuisine lovers on board!