BERMUDA TRAVEL AUTHORIZATION?

treehugr

6 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Yes, I saw that as I noted in the edit of my reply to you.  As I said, Celebrity's web site is incorrect.  As we've all seen, cruise line web sites are too often wrong.  Fact-checking, supervision of communications, reading comprehension...sorely lacking and inexcusable. 

While we should be entitled to rely on what a cruise line tell us, the bottom line is that we, as travelers, need to know what is required of us by international destinations.  Here, it is simple to read the Bermuda Travel Authorization web site.  Celebrity linked to it, but did not read the rules correctly, lazily leaving in the very outdated requirement that travelers upload their negative test results to Bermuda.  (Bermuda eliminated the required upload of test results back in June.)

Exceptionally well said!

Other pax, read the hell others (like me) went through for sailings in April and May where one had to upload test results and wait for the approval to board the ship. Mass confusion, hours delay boarding and unbelievable stress. Pax on board my sailing were furious; many had phone calls that cost over $100 to call Bermuda to get it rectified in time to sail. The sailing immediately after ours, that rule about uploading test results was changed. Our travel agent was clueless until I told her (we usually book on our own), the cruise lines did not inform pax. We had to find out about it on sites like CC.

• Like 2

Bermuda - Keep your $40 fee, Keep your 2 day Covid test . but drop the Covid test for boarding for ships that leave longer than 4 days before arriving. I see no reason why a Transatlantic passenger leaving Barcelona has to test about 12 days before arriving in Bermuda ? 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, tonyinoc said:

Bermuda - Keep your $40 fee, Keep your 2 day Covid test . but drop the Covid test for boarding for ships that leave longer than 4 days before arriving. I see no reason why a Transatlantic passenger leaving Barcelona has to test about 12 days before arriving in Bermuda ? 

And Bermuda made such a fuss about mask wearing on public trans and in their minuscule terminal, and not one single employee in any shop, attraction or on public trans complied.

2 hours ago, Crusin Karen said:

Thanks.  I'm sunk then. 

See if this can be rectified. What is keeping you from uploading an image of the vax card? Take a picture of it and upload the file (acceptable formats on Bermuda's web site). Can you take a camera pic and put it on your desktop or laptop and do it from there? If it will not upload to the site, call the Bermuda toll free number and ask for help.

Edited by joyandjerry
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, joyandjerry said:

See if this can be rectified. What is keeping you from uploading an image of the vax card? Take a picture of it and upload the file (acceptable formats on Bermuda's web site). Can you take a camera pic and put it on your desktop or laptop and do it from there? If it will not upload to the site, call the Bermuda toll free number and ask for help.

49 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

Perhaps a friend, family member or neighbor can help you.

If you happen to be a senior citizen, senior centers often have volunteers that can help with computer-related issues, and some libraries also .

I did just that!!! Sent out an SOS and hopefully its done.  She was rushing and I'm kind of stressing she sent one side of card twice but they'd let me know, right??  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crusin Karen said:

I did just that!!! Sent out an SOS and hopefully its done.  She was rushing and I'm kind of stressing she sent one side of card twice but they'd let me know, right??  

If there is a problem with your application, they will let you know. Let us know how it works out.

On 8/21/2022 at 6:14 AM, long4acruise said:

07 Jul - applied for our Bermuda TA 

13 Jul - mine was approved 

15 Jul - husband's was approved

28 Jul - Enchantment cruise - full capacity!

How are you approved without negative test?

On 9/8/2022 at 7:26 AM, njhorseman said:

You don't provide test results until you check in for your cruise at the pier. 

ohhh got you! I was worried cause  My BTA says i needed to upload proof of negative test. So i thought id have to do that and then wait longer for the approval. 

I’ve heard nothing since I applied over two weeks ago

22056181-44DC-4B6C-A91A-12599C9D6C73.png

Ok so i see this. I applied on the 24th of last month and my cruise is the 24th of this month. Theres 6 of us and just freaks me out I haven’t heard anything

E651F1FD-2EBF-4A93-9C74-A2FBE987174F.jpeg

Edited by KyloRen

23 minutes ago, KyloRen said:

ohhh got you! I was worried cause  My BTA says i needed to upload proof of negative test. So i thought id have to do that and then wait longer for the approval. 

I’ve heard nothing since I applied over two weeks ago

22056181-44DC-4B6C-A91A-12599C9D6C73.png

Ok so i see this. I applied on the 24th of last month and my cruise is the 24th of this month. Theres 6 of us and just freaks me out I haven’t heard anything

E651F1FD-2EBF-4A93-9C74-A2FBE987174F.jpeg

Typically approvals come back about a week to 10 days prior to your embarkation date.  If you don't get yours back by one week prior to embarkation then call their hotline. 

• Like 2

@KyloRenSo much confusion! It is easy to misunderstand, especially when the cruise lines sites are not accurate. When Jerry and I sailed to Bermuda, 22 May, I was sweating bullets, because the TA did not come. They only announced the day before we left that one only needed to show it at the port. Many upset pax that spent a lot of money on calls to Bermuda! Unbelievable stress.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, rccllovergirl said:

If I don’t get Travel Authorisation what would happened? I will be denied boarding or I will not be able to get off the ship in Bermuda (I am planning to stay on board anyway). 

Even if you stay on board, you are still in their waters. Also one may need medical care onshore. The TA is a real pain, and has upset many. It even applies to their own citizens leaving and returning back to Bermuda.

• Like 2

Since masks were mentioned, I'll chime in.  We returned last week and bus drivers and ferry operators would not let passengers on board without a mask.  Otherwise masks were not required in stores or anywhere else.  I couldn't find mine returning to the ship a final time but was allowed through the entry building at the port anyway.

When my TA had not arrived one week before my cruise, I e-mailed the folks in Bermuda.  The next morning I had received approval.  It is a bother and extra expense but not so stressful since they excluded the test result requirement needed for application.  I would be upset if I was to arrive last Friday when the weather probably kept ships away and the $40 application was for naught.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, mcmarya said:

Since masks were mentioned, I'll chime in.  We returned last week and bus drivers and ferry operators would not let passengers on board without a mask.  Otherwise masks were not required in stores or anywhere else.  I couldn't find mine returning to the ship a final time but was allowed through the entry building at the port anyway.

When my TA had not arrived one week before my cruise, I e-mailed the folks in Bermuda.  The next morning I had received approval.  It is a bother and extra expense but not so stressful since they excluded the test result requirement needed for application.  I would be upset if I was to arrive last Friday when the weather probably kept ships away and the $40 application was for naught.

When we went in May, uploading the results was necessary to get the TA. They kept telling us we could not board without it. It changed the day before our cruise, and it was still a mess on the ship trying to get them. But I sure felt badly for those impacted by the hurricane.

Our tour driver required masking, but did not wear his. On the ferries, pax just put them on for show when they entered, then removed them. In the caves, guide said they were required, and he winked and removed his.

• Like 2

Seriously thank you so much for all of this information. It’s so helpful to hear from others who have gone though this. I’ve been stressing out so much. I don’t sail until the 24th so I’ll hold off on calling until a week before

17 hours ago, mcmarya said:

Although we have not applied for our Bermuda Authorisation yet (we will in a couple days, as our trip is the middle of Oct.), would you please give me the email address you emailed Bermuda.  Thank you.

• Like 1