Upgrade "Have It All" Wi-Fi

IPB4IGO

For the first time I purchased a Have It All package. Once aboard, what is the process and cost for upgrading to the Premium package? Is the cost simply the published difference between the Surf and Premium package prices?

Thanks.

Depending on where you are cruising, it may not be worth it due to lack of service at sea. You might be cheaper to use your cell phone data at port for any higher speed needed. The length of cruise also determines upgrade cost. I would call HAL to find out the cost (if you are longer than 3 days from departing). I know our last HIA did not include wifi and the price booking pre board to after onboard increased so it was cheaper booking 3 days before embarking. 

It was $50 for a 12 day cruise (in Europe if it makes any difference, but I doubt it!)

The price does drop during the cruise, but not significantly.  Best value is on first day.

Edited by VMax1700

On 8/23/2022 at 10:15 AM, VMax1700 said:

What is the 'performance' of the connection like?  

It is very slow…but I seem to have found a resolution to my problems. We are using our phones for cameras this time around and I assume my phone is trying to sync my photos back to the mothership. I turned on low data mode on my iPhone and it works MUCH better this morning.  
I was able to connect my vpn tunnel and stream video for a short time. 
9BF2A193-61E7-4A0F-AE20-05ACAE982808.thumb.jpeg.0beb4f36a702b7aaabcba47c2b804f21.jpeg

Edited by colin v
  • Thanks 1

As I understand, the internet packages allow only 1 device to be connected at the same time, but you can also upgrade that to 4 devices. 

Is that upgrade also done through the navigator app (when you're onboard)? And has anybody any idea how much the extra fee would be for a 31-day cruise?

36 minutes ago, firsttimer1971 said:

As I understand, the internet packages allow only 1 device to be connected at the same time, but you can also upgrade that to 4 devices. 

Is that upgrade also done through the navigator app (when you're onboard)? And has anybody any idea how much the extra fee would be for a 31-day cruise?

For our 21 day cruise it was $195. I was presented with the offer when I logged on with my laptop. I quickly declined the offer. I ordered an esim and have been tethering in port to my laptop. It came with 30GB of data and has been fantastic. Best 40 euro spent so far on this trip. 

• Like 1