Extended deck cabin 7111 on Marina question

Vineyard View

I read on another thread, in trying to decide between a Concierge and a B cabin, that if you could grab an extended balcony B cabin it was a great opportunity to take.
I am looking at a 2024 itinerary that has 7111 open, but it appears that the bar may be directly beneath this cabin?  Am I reading this incorrectly?  Thank you for your advice.  

3 hours ago, Vineyard View said:

Would you mind elaborating on the lifeboat issue for this cabin please?   I appreciate your input. Thank you

The lifeboats  are tucked in the space  next to the cabin  the boat  may not be  an issue but when they lower/raise them the equipment may be

Only  a problem with the tender ports  so if you dock at each port no worries

I've been in 7108 and 7114.  7108 & 7111 would only be a lifeboat problem if the boats being lowered are on 'your' side of the ship and more aft.  On the cruise I was on, in 7108, the transfer boats for the anchor ports were more midship or on the other side.  In 7114 I never heard a boat being lowered or any noise from the dining room below.  There is the 'issue' of wind underway in 7108/7111, but since we mostly sailed at night it was not a problem.  I'm booked in 7118 next spring and looking forward to it.

have a look at the ship photo  & the deck plan

If you are in 7111 you will see the life boats from the side of the balcony balcony

7011 you will be above the life boats

Life boats are on both sides of the ship

image.png.92dd624f49f7f83d81f79063324c8b83.png

image.png.d43c2d1bdc35bac5b8702ec4be470c05.png

This helps me a lot. Thank you. Not sure how I feel about this -  17 day itinerary with 5 tender ports. Having not sailed on Oceania nor near life boats on any cruise, I really have no first hand experience. It was my error on number. Correct held cabin is 7111.  Maybe it’s better to move up a category and forego larger balcony

Edited by Vineyard View

6 minutes ago, Vineyard View said:

This helps me a lot. Thank you. Not sure how I feel about this -  17 day itinerary with 5 tender ports. Having not sailed on Oceania nor near life boats on any cruise, I really have no first hand experience. It was my error on number. Correct held cabin is 7111.  Maybe it’s better to move up a category and forego larger balcony

That is  a corner balcony  lots of people like the  2 open sides

we were in 7114  no issues 

Maybe just  find a different extended balcony ??

1 minute ago, Vineyard View said:

One last question - I hope - based on your great picture above - would cabin 7131 have a two sided open balcony only facing aft? 

no 7131 has just the extended balcony facing out to sea 

7130 & 7135 are PH & have a wrap around balcony

My two favorite cabins to book on the Marina and Riviera are 7108 and 7111. Being able to look ahead as well as to the side, while on the balcony is great. Never had a problem with the lifeboats obstructing the view.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Benita said:

My two favorite cabins to book on the Marina and Riviera are 7108 and 7111. Being able to look ahead as well as to the side, while on the balcony is great. Never had a problem with the lifeboats obstructing the view.

They are below  the C cabins  so how would they obstruct the view from the balconies??

16 hours ago, LHT28 said:

They are below  the C cabins  so how would they obstruct the view from the balconies??

They won’t but if you read the previous replies under this topic, some were concerned about the lifeboats and the bars holding them in place. 

31 minutes ago, Benita said:

They won’t but if you read the previous replies under this topic, some were concerned about the lifeboats and the bars holding them in place. 

yes  the davits  & machinery to raise lower the lifeboats  will make noise  as I mentioned above

it can be bothersome to some people

Never mentioned that they block the view 

21 minutes ago, Acrusa said:

Does the bed face forward or aft.I mean when sailing do you look forward?

My guess will be you will face aft

In 7114  we faced  forward  (see deck plan above )