Any problem booking P&O UK direct

4 hours ago, ozblue_7 said:

Considering a cruise out of Southampton. Seems a lot cheaper booking in pounds via UK site. Any problems doing that?

Seeing I get this pop-up when entering the site, and it disables the ability to book online directly, I sense there will be some difficulties. Not being able to get into the break-up of the fare, I also don't know if the prices displayed are inclusive of taxes or other charges.

Capture_27.thumb.jpg.5e96839e7b605b3a19844d3aaf0576ab.jpg

Have done several cruises on P&O UK, good line., been on Arcadia, Aurora and Oriana. Could never book the cruise direct from here with P&O UK, had to go via P&O Australia or a TA.  Still the policy.

I also enquired with UK TA's but was told to book through Australian TA's or P&O Australia.

15 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Have done several cruises on P&O UK, good line., been on Arcadia, Aurora and Oriana. Could never book the cruise direct from here with P&O UK, had to go via P&O Australia or a TA.  Still the policy.

I also enquired with UK TA's but was told to book through Australian TA's or P&O Australia.

I won't book with P&O UK as a matter of principle.  I have booked other overseas cruise lines direct, as well as all other travels (hotel, tours, theatre, etc.)

56 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I won't book with P&O UK as a matter of principle.  I have booked other overseas cruise lines direct, as well as all other travels (hotel, tours, theatre, etc.)

No doubt P&O UK is protecting the UK Travel industry, by arrangement. Fair enough too.  We in OZ should also use local Aussie TA's or direct with cruise line, i.e. Princess Australia website, rather than give commissions to overseas agents. It also gives our kids a job !!   I have never in about 28 cruises ever booked with overseas TA's.  Keep the commission money here !!

Standby for incoming !!!

57 minutes ago, NSWP said:

No doubt P&O UK is protecting the UK Travel industry, by arrangement. Fair enough too.  We in OZ should also use local Aussie TA's or direct with cruise line, i.e. Princess Australia website, rather than give commissions to overseas agents. It also gives our kids a job !!   I have never in about 28 cruises ever booked with overseas TA's.  Keep the commission money here !!

Standby for incoming !!!

I agree, as long as we aren't being gouged, which is largely in the past. I have booked one overseas, and there was a saving, but not a massive one.

Then again, by that argument, we shouldn't be cruising. Even P&O Australia isn't Australian, with a foreign flag and multi-national staff almost entirely void of Australian crew. Extra jobs for our kids if we stay in an Aussie hotel and head for a feed at a local restaurant or RSL.

17 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I agree, as long as we aren't being gouged, which is largely in the past. I have booked one overseas, and there was a saving, but not a massive one.

Then again, by that argument, we shouldn't be cruising. Even P&O Australia isn't Australian, with a foreign flag and multi-national staff almost entirely void of Australian crew. Extra jobs for our kids if we stay in an Aussie hotel and head for a feed at a local restaurant or RSL.

I used to be ignorant about the difference in costs charged in Australia and overseas for the same overseas cruise, until I used to travel with my daughter who lived in London. I booked overseas cruises direct, so no Commission involved.  

• Like 1