How's the ride in the Haven?

RCCL Fan

1 hour ago, Homosassa said:

Ignorance is bliss (not the ship) as you would not be looking forward to a tropical storm or tropical wave or northeaster or strong low pressure system if you have ever sailed through one.

Hence my last sentence. I've been in rough seas (puke bags out), but it was just a typical North Atlantic storm, not a tropical storm...or perhaps, I'll come back here tail a'waggin' between my legs to tell you how right you are.

12 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

The Spa Suite just means you get free access to the spa - no difference in the room itself. Club balcony suite is like a junior suite with RCC - it's a mini suite with no real perks and not much bigger size than a regular balcony. You get a few perks (free bag of laundry, some snacks in the room once or twice during the trip), but it's not a suite at all. 

On some of the Breakaway class and BA+ class ships there actually is a difference in the Spa Suite vs the regular suites.  On cruises on the Breakaway and Getaway we were in Haven Spa Suites.  They are located mid-ship, a couple of decks below the Haven Lounge.  They also have laminate floors instead of carpet because there is a large Jacuzzi spa tub in the bedroom in addition to the shower / tub in the bathroom.  We never used the in-room spa, but we did take advantage of the free access to the Mandara Spa.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, The Traveling Man said:

On some of the Breakaway class and BA+ class ships there actually is a difference in the Spa Suite vs the regular suites.  On cruises on the Breakaway and Getaway we were in Haven Spa Suites.  They are located mid-ship, a couple of decks below the Haven Lounge.  They also have laminate floors instead of carpet because there is a large Jacuzzi spa tub in the bedroom in addition to the shower / tub in the bathroom.  We never used the in-room spa, but we did take advantage of the free access to the Mandara Spa.

There are Spa Balcony staterooms that are not suites or part of the Haven. These rooms do not have the spa tub you mentioned and I believe are slightly smaller than the Spa Suites.

Beside that though, I will say that my husband and I used the spa tub. We both could fit, but it was a very tight fit. Two normal sized people could probably fit in there and it would make a nice romantic evening in.

2 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

There are Spa Balcony staterooms that are not suites or part of the Haven. These rooms do not have the spa tub you mentioned and I believe are slightly smaller than the Spa Suites.

I believe you are correct.  As I said in my post, "some" of the Spa Suites are different, having a spa tub in the room.  Since the OP was asking about Haven staterooms, I focused on the Haven Spa Suites.  Sorry if my response caused any confusion.

32 minutes ago, The Traveling Man said:

I believe you are correct.  As I said in my post, "some" of the Spa Suites are different, having a spa tub in the room.  Since the OP was asking about Haven staterooms, I focused on the Haven Spa Suites.  Sorry if my response caused any confusion.

OMgosh no confusion! Just wanted to throw in the Spa Balcony room part.

We are on Deck 14 in a Haven category  (H1) sailing shortly. Advertised on all the sites as >400 sq feet plus larger balcony.  It's my first tine in a Haven category.  I totally dislike the front/aft  of the ship and always aim for a mid-ship cabin.  While the Haven courtyard is 4 decks up, I don't think I will mind going up there for access to the restaurant, pool and lounge.  We will see.  Got lots of offers to bid-up to a cabin in the Courtyard, but did not want to spend any more money and we like our location.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Woodholme Cruiser said:

We are on Deck 14 in a Haven category  (H1) sailing shortly. Advertised on all the sites as >400 sq feet plus larger balcony.  It's my first tine in a Haven category.  I totally dislike the front/aft  of the ship and always aim for a mid-ship cabin.  While the Haven courtyard is 4 decks up, I don't think I will mind going up there for access to the restaurant, pool and lounge.  We will see.  Got lots of offers to bid-up to a cabin in the Courtyard, but did not want to spend any more money and we like our location.

I agree.  Our two times in the Haven, out of 30 NCL cruises, have been in Haven Spa Suites on deck 14 midship.  It never was a problem to go up a couple of decks to get to the Haven lounge, restaurant, etc.  I suppose it might be nice to have the pool just outside your cabin door, but we found the room on Deck 14 to be great.

• Like 1

We just got off the Bliss on Saturday and yes there is some movement up there. We had room 17102 in the haven so we were very close to the front of the ship. When the ship was at full speed on an at sea day you felt some rocking back and force when we were in bed. The days of going between ports were very comfortable at a slower speed. 

We never use the air from NCL if its offered so if you want to plan your own travel its fine as thats what we do. 

• Like 1

On 8/25/2022 at 10:10 PM, Travelling2Some said:

I've always found it a bit curious that cruise lines seem to put their most expensive cabins in the poorest locations.  The suites are frequently just below the pool deck and the haven is way up top and forward, as you said.  We have always been picky about a quiet location and we are prone to motion sickness.  Were once upgraded (last minute surprise) to one of Celebrity's better suites and found the noise from the pool deck very annoying.  Would have definitely preferred the cabin we picked in spite of the added perks.  I don't like spas and who could possibly need afternoon appetizers with the insane amount of food on a cruise ship? 

I agree.  We usually do Celebrity's Aqua Class just to eat at Blu.  On one of their cruises we were under the pool deck.  The noise from attendants moving the chairs around late in the evening and early morning was horrible and it constantly disturbed our sleep.  I'm very careful now about cabin placement.

Sailed in an Aft Suite on a high deck on the Gem.  Didn’t feel any movement.  MAtter of fact, the non-Haven Suites on the jewell class ships are probably the best deal on those.  The Haven is small on them, but you have access to a Concierge just like the Haven.

Sailed forward in a HAven Suite on both “-Away” ships, more than once.  No issues.  However, if a storm whips up, I can see the entire ship rocking.  That said, these are large ships.  I would have to be some sort of bigger storm to upset them.  So, no matter where you were on the ship, you would not be immune.  I was on a “listing cruise” a few years before the COVID shutdown.  Breakaway was hit with a sudden gust of wind that tilted the ship several degrees.  Felt that.  Matter of fact, it dumped me out of bed.  But, that was the worst I had ever experienced.

Nearly always (some exceptions), Haven Suites are bigger than “regular” suites.  Bathrooms are bigger, balconies are bigger (except where noted for large balcony regular cabins…..Club BAlcony Cabins have bigger bathrooms).

Airfare….I never use NCL’s airfare promotions.  I want to control my own flights.  So, you do not have to use NCL for your flights.