Antigen testing for Princess from Southampton

Hornet95

Can anyone based in the UK tell me what Princess accepts as 'Self-administered Antigen' test. Does it mean that I can use a standard home test to test myself, report the result to the NHS with the receipt of confirmation from NHS as proof of negative. Failing that can anyone supply me with a telephone number that will put me through to a Princess UK office ?

Thanks ! 

They just ask if you have taken one with negative result (not supervised) so long as you have full vaccinations (two doses and booster) with proof. Someone has posted on here today live from Southampton on his embarkation and stated he was just asked if he had taken an antigen test with a negative result - no proof needed

• Like 2

Hi. 

we got back Thurs from our British Isles cruise. At home we all did a lateral flow test and took photos. Did not have to show photos was just asked if we'd taken a test.

They did ask if we had our immunisation cards on us as proof of vaccination which we did as well as a photo but they wanted to see the little cards.

Very smooth process did not take any more time than our last cruise pre covid. Around 2200 passengers on board or so we were told. Ship was quiet no busy areas and Aloha  deck was shut off port side from central elevators and starboard from a little further down. Mask wearing came in after a couple of days following some cases amongst passengers and crew. We enjoyed the holiday and are back home planning next years.☺☺

Malleykatt, they wanted to see your immunisation cards?? I don't think I have mine any more and if I did they would prove nothing as they were all just photocopies of the cards with a date and type of vaccine on them but not my name. 

I do have my NHS certificate to show I have had my vaccines and booster, that's what they wanted in May at Southampton. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Malleykatt said:

They did ask if we had our immunisation cards on us as proof of vaccination which we did as well as a photo but they wanted to see the little cards.

Are you sure ? They normally insist on seeing your NHS certificate,  located on your app, or a hard copy. The cards prove nothing.

18 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Are you sure ? They normally insist on seeing your NHS certificate,  located on your app, or a hard copy. The cards prove nothing.

Americans get a card nicely sized so that it does not fit into anything useful like a credit card pocket. That is what we have been showing. Our records are based on the individual states so, having had shots in more than one state makes a mess of the records. The card is right though. There was some restriction on the federal government about not keeping the immunization records on a nationwide basis.

9 minutes ago, NownZen said:

Americans get a card nicely sized so that it does not fit into anything useful like a credit card pocket. That is what we have been showing. Our records are based on the individual states so, having had shots in more than one state makes a mess of the records. The card is right though. There was some restriction on the federal government about not keeping the immunization records on a nationwide basis.

That might be acceptable for Americans as obviously you have no other record,  but for us Brits, you need to show the official NHS vaccination record,  including the QR code. 

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

That might be acceptable for Americans as obviously you have no other record,  but for us Brits, you need to show the official NHS vaccination record,  including the QR code. 

It would make sense to have a federal registry but it is against the law here. I have printouts from two states and from my local health group but the card was all Princess wanted. We guard them very carefully.

20 hours ago, wowzz said:

Yes they wanted to see our little blue cards. Did not ask for our NHS app as proof even though we had it all loaded and ready.

Process was quick.

More worrying was the amount of people bundling into the lift on those first two days all minus masks. Then the letter went out saying they were required on board and I think nearly 90% on board complied ......some didn't but there are always some that think it does not mean them.